MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1669871922760.png

Reactions: uncleben

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Bob and Hornqvist and Samskovich for Karlsson, no retention?

Might be a bit tough for a trade like this. For Karlsson, they wqill want prospects on top of taking Bob, and/or picks. I don't know a lot about Samskovich though, so I am not sure if he is the one that mnoves that needl.e

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Might be a bit tough for a trade like this. For Karlsson, they wqill want prospects on top of taking Bob, and/or picks. I don't know a lot about Samskovich though, so I am not sure if he is the one that mnoves that needl.e
Our best prospect scoring at a 1.25 point per game as a sophomore at Michigan.

My view is this: the contracts are horrendous. Hornqvist needs to go back for Florida to be under the cap but San Jose saves a lot of space and money.

Karlsson would be an upgrade over Staal.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Bob would have to be part of the deal and he is a 4yr commitment with 20-30M in real dollars. Not sure why SJ would want any part of that without some really nice pieces coming back. Question is, what nice pieces? Zito has already traded away all of their 1sts, do they gut their prospect pool too?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think this is one of those things where, It won't happen this season, but you lay the seeds now and then if it comes to fruition it'll be next summer when the Panthers free up all that dead cap space.

Assuming this rumor has any merit.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Our best prospect scoring at a 1.25 point per game as a sophomore at Michigan.

My view is this: the contracts are horrendous. Hornqvist needs to go back for Florida to be under the cap but San Jose saves a lot of space and money.

Karlsson would be an upgrade over Staal.
Oh a guy that's be leading your team in points is an upgrade on Staal? No way

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Not sure how they could get this to work. Bob obviously would have to be involved, he’s got 3yrs left after this season at 10per vs karlsson who still has 4yrs left after this one at 11.5per. Karlsson full NMC during the entire contract, bob a NMC this season and next then switches to a 16NTC in the final two years. And I don’t think the panthers want to lose any more cap than they already do. Maybe if SJ retains 1.5per so they’re essentially paying the same amount but save a year off the contract length by swapping karlsson for bob. With picks and prospects balancing things out? Could throw in a guy like Duclair but it’s not like sj has any cap space either. Horn would be nice to move for this season but I don’t see it happening and he’ll just come off the books completely this offseason anyways so that’d be a move solely for this season in mind. Yeah I have no idea how they would make this work

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I think Florida would have interest in a lot of defensemen out there. They have zero cap space and little moveable expensive pieces though. You arent trading Bob+ for Karlsson mid season.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Bob has total NMC protection for all of this season and all of next season.

Starting in July 2024, he has to submit a list of 16 teams, leaving him exposed to a deal not of his control to the other half of the league in the 2024-25 and 2025-26 seasons. He has NMC protection against being demoted to the AHL across the full deal.

Not that it matters any. The Sharks wouldn't trade an overpaid player making eight figures and playing well for an overpaid player making eight figures and playing poorly.

Presumably, Florida's interest hinges on heavy retention.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
What if Sharks agree to buy Bobrovsky out? He'll only lose 5 million+taxes and can sign a new contract. It should be a net gain for him.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
What if Sharks agree to buy Bobrovsky out? He'll only lose 5 million+taxes and can sign a new contract. It should be a net gain for him.
problem is who will sign him to make up what he would lose by contract buyout? Too much of a risk to take that offer and lose out on millions.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

Why wouldn't they just buy out Karlsson instead then.

This is eliotte Friedman going... let's see how many clicks I can get from sunrise and San Jose.

This is as realistic as Shooter Mcgavin winning a yellow jacket. Just not gonna happen

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
problem is who will sign him to make up what he would lose by contract buyout? Too much of a risk to take that offer and lose out on millions.
Cal Petersen got 5x3 just because the Kings felt like it, plenty of goalie gold to go around

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Judging by Grier’s few trades thus far, I would imagine if EK gets moved it’ll be for a lot less value than fans expect.
What fans were expecting was completely unrealistic then. With this run, Karlsson's maybe moved his value from deep, deep negative to something like future considerations.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They have no 1sts and no cap space so who’s going back ?

Why would SJ take Bob ?

Moving forward Florida has a good situation.

Thanks to the Florida trade they have 15M of dead cap going off the books and no big re-signings left.

But this season? No idea

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad