Holtby and Sarge In

Volpatti Neuvy and Poti out

Grubb recalled

www_plus613_net_tmpdodgeballlevelexpert.gif

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ovi's game seems really raw right now.

From his unexpected or somewhat awkward passes, to running goalies, to toe picking looking like Lou Franshechitti in the ice capades, to coming in on goal head down, not up, he looks like he is still re-inventing his game. He is griping that stick tight.

At least when he passes, he really cranks it. OK usually.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
****, why is Poti scratched?

That chair catch still amazes me. Catches it she's been doing this for years.

Last edited:

Halpysback*

Schultz back in?! Why change the lineup after the boston game? Does he pick his starters out of a hat? I dont get it.

George probably had his goons meet Oates on his way back from the game and "explain" how things work around here.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Ovi's game seems really raw right now.

From his unexpected or somewhat awkward passes, to running goalies, to toe picking looking like Lou Franshechitti in the ice capades, to coming in on goal head down, not up, he looks like he is still re-inventing his game. He is gripping that stick tight.

At least when he passes, he really cranks it. OK usually.

Well, first of all, I love the reference to Franceschetti. That's why I always come back to HFBoards. Home is where people still remember Lou Franceschetti.

But I disagree about Ovi's game. I re-watched the Bruins game yest morning, and there were a handful of plays, even apart from the trifecta of goal dislodgings, where he was making things happen. Either making nice cross-ice pass to Ribs in O-zone, or ripping shots which just missed or were deflected, or tossing puck in front on semi-wraparound attempt which nearly banked into net, but instead slid across crease next to goal line. To me, in the Boston game anyway, he was playing with passion and creating chances, and if any of those chances had happened to go in, then his stat-line is 1G,1A and everyone is talking about how he's back. Ultimately the whole tenor of the Ovie conversation depends on, Did he score tonight or not? Did he score in the last game or not? I thought he was very close in Boston, and with any luck at all, he would have had 1 or even 2.

Even the play where 8 chose to try to feed Hendricks rushing toward net, instead of ripping one himself (triggering mild criticism from Locker), one can see why he tried it. Same play (but on the right side, not left) resulted in a goal 2 or 3 games ago. Ovie passes better than people give him credit for.

On another note, I am already dreading the Sunday game because: a) we seem to **** the bed on national TV; and b) Milbury and Pierre in the unending sermon/rant about the lazy Russian Eurotrash who wears our C. Ugh.

Go, Caps.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
NO NO NOOOO the OP inst supposed to post that picture it supposed to come later!!! god dammit randy you've ruined everything.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Well, first of all, I love the reference to Franceschetti. That's why I always come back to HFBoards. Home is where people still remember Lou Franceschetti.

But I disagree about Ovi's game. ....

Go, Caps.

Yeah i may have been a little harsh or off base.

Ovi is more dynamic than ever, we don't even see him try his move but once a game, if that. He is learning a new system, new linemates, and a new position, of course. And it shows. I think he can be a great passer, but he is not a finesse passer. It gets ugly early when he tries. Makes sense, he is not one bit a finesse player. He is a bull in a china shop.

But even then, I am not sure its for the best crashing the net like that. I don't mind it, but he needs to learn to lift his head and shoot before crashing in. He looks raw crashing the net because its not his game. I would expect that more from a Tom Wilson, and big young rangy kid that doesn't have a hart, or maybe someone like Jeff Greenlaw :)

I think Oates gave him the memo, don't peel off into the corner.

CrashTheNet9

Jul 11, 2011
Poti was awful last game so it is not surprising to see him not playing. Too bad his replacement is double nickel.:help:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah i may have been a little harsh or off base.

Ovi is more dynamic than ever, we don't even see him try his move but once a game, if that. He is learning a new system, new linemates, and a new position, of course. And it shows. I think he can be a great passer, but he is not a finesse passer. It gets ugly early when he tries. Makes sense, he is not one bit a finesse player. He is a bull in a china shop.

But even then, I am not sure its for the best crashing the net like that. I don't mind it, but he needs to learn to lift his head and shoot before crashing in. He looks raw crashing the net because its not his game. I would expect that more from a Tom Wilson, and big young rangy kid that doesn't have a hart, or maybe someone like Jeff Greenlaw :)

I think Oates gave him the memo, don't peel off into the corner.

Bull in a china shop for sure. B's fans were having fits on their board when he dislodged net (and Rask) for third time in third period.

Greenlaw reference, too, is appreciated.

My son inherited a bunch of my old Caps cards. The other day he was going through them. The Pat Peake card became a fun excuse for us to pull up the 1991 draft list. Peake never did turn into quite the player which Alexei Kovalev, Markus Naslund, Glen Murray or Ray Whitney did, huh? Not to mention Chris Osgood, Alexei Zhitnick and so on.

And from there we moved to the topic of Greg Joly. (Trottier, Gillies, Mark Howe)

My son is receiving an extremely Caps-centric hockey education, even though he is growing up in LA.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Poti was awful last game so it is not surprising to see him not playing. Too bad his replacement is double nickel.:help:

Oates' mantra has been: we win, you stay in. But maybe it's changed since Hamrlik is gone. His other one - "don't want to judge on one bad game."

Besides, I wanted to see another Poti whirlie do.

Last edited:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
If AVs a scratch, does this mean MAJO has returned to the line up. A bit confused on this one.

Joe B being interviewed on 106.7 said that Neuvirth did not come to Kettler today but called in sick. Who does he think he is, a government employee.

For the love of god, just once can we have somebody actually body check Flash. A good check on Flash early on and he's irrelevant (as Mike Rupp would say) for the rest of the game.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Volpatti is out because Brouwer is back. I mean, I guess they prefer Crabb to Volpatti (they only gave Volpatti like 3 minutes last game so they must not trust him as much, and they use Crabb on the PK too...)

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Darren Veitch!

Hey, at least we didn't draft Monty Trottier (Islanders did with our pick though)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_NHL_Entry_Draft

You know the Caps D-corps back then in someways resembles the current teams.

Darren Veitch = Sarge (but Veitch was better and more physical)
Robert Picard = Mike Green (Green's better and my recollection there was no physical element to Picard's game, he was a bit of a wuss)
Rick Green = Karl Alzner (Green had a little more offense to his game)

Brave Sir Robin

Jul 7, 2011
Florida is a horrible team without its #1 center, and it's in our building. If DC doesn't win this, you may as well cancel the season.
Lack of a #1 center is the least of their problems. Their defence is decimated by injuries and their #1 goalie is out as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00