OT: Floor/Ball Hockey in Toronto

Kule Aid Man

Jul 7, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Hey all,

Was looking around recently and attempting to find a ball hockey league I could join this spring/summer.

Does anyone know of any leagues that play around the Queen and Spadina area, most of these leagues seem to be pretty far out in Scarborough or Vaughn, and since I don't have a car that is definitely not doable.

Also, if anyone has any good or bad experiences with ball hockey leagues, I'd be interested to know!

Thanks!

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Hey all,

Was looking around recently and attempting to find a ball hockey league I could join this spring/summer.

Does anyone know of any leagues that play around the Queen and Spadina area, most of these leagues seem to be pretty far out in Scarborough or Vaughn, and since I don't have a car that is definitely not doable.

Also, if anyone has any good or bad experiences with ball hockey leagues, I'd be interested to know!

Thanks!

players ball hockey is an awesome league if you're close to Oakville/Milton. I joined last year... they keep track of stats, standings etc on their website.

http://www.playersballhockey.com

Jatt

Sep 28, 2005
NotSoPro and Toronto Sports and Social Club, I prefer NotSoPro over TCSSC.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I played on a ball hockey team one year,pretty fun.Our team won gold but I was on a team that had a lot of guys who played ice hockey. All of them were ball hogs or played only with their friends and wouldn't want you to get the ball lol. I remember once the ball went towards me and this guy was running towards it saying"no no no don't touch the ball! ugh!".But I scored a nice goal though under the blocked over the pad. Only one all season but it was nice lol

I'm assuming though, if you play with more friends on your team/line you'll be fine. Even more so if you already play ice hockey(I don't)

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Hey all,

Thanks!

There are year-round leagues out of Downsview park which would be closer to you than going to Scarborough or Vaughn.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
While we're on the topic, anyone know of an inline hockey league? Preferably in Vaughan, but TO will do as well.

spor 13

Apr 29, 2009
York Inline is in Vaughan. Plays out of Rosemount CC.

If you're okay with travelling a bit, then there's MRHA in Missisauga which plays out of the Hershey Centre in the summer and Rink City in the winter.

There's also Toronto Inline, but I've never played in that league as they use a ball and usually play on concrete as opposed to sportcourt.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I play in TSSC as well...I like it. Most of the games take place at the hockey gym located at Bloor/Landsdowne, so not too far of a drive at all from Queen/Spadina.

http://www.torontossc.com/

FLASH905

May 9, 2011
While we're on the topic, anyone know of an inline hockey league? Preferably in Vaughan, but TO will do as well.

I played in both York inline and MHRA. The leagues were both poorly run as the convenors played on teams that were in the league and roller hockey has zero etiquette. If you play ice hockey you will loathe playing in either league. After getting hosed in both leagues we stuck to just playing ice because of how far superior Canlan icesports run their leagues

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I don't know anything in your area but I've been playing pick up ball hockey for the last 5 years every Friday night with a bunch of guys from a buddies work. Love it. I took a long break from sports during my 20's and this was just what I needed. It's just like it was when you were a kid. Light contact and a good group of guys just playing all out every game. If you get yourself in with a good bunch you'll have a blast.

Bozak - thanks for posting that link. I'm going to look into it.

The leagues were both poorly run as the convenors played on teams that were in the league and roller hockey has zero etiquette. If you play ice hockey you will loathe playing in either league. After getting hosed in both leagues we stuck to just playing ice because of how far superior Canlan icesports run their leagues

It's a shame to hear you had a negative experience with those particular inline leagues but please don't paint all leagues nor the entire sport with the same brush.

I am the owner, convenor and a player in my league. My wife and I put countless hours in every season to deliver a safe, positive recreational experience.

Canlan does a great job running leagues, their product isn't superior it should be the standard.

I played on a ball hockey team one year,pretty fun.Our team won gold but I was on a team that had a lot of guys who played ice hockey. All of them were ball hogs or played only with their friends and wouldn't want you to get the ball lol. I remember once the ball went towards me and this guy was running towards it saying"no no no don't touch the ball! ugh!".But I scored a nice goal though under the blocked over the pad. Only one all season but it was nice lol

I'm assuming though, if you play with more friends on your team/line you'll be fine. Even more so if you already play ice hockey(I don't)

I was asked to play on a ball hockey team a few years ago by a co-worker. I played only one game, touching the ball only a couple times as they limited my minutes and nobody passed to me. At the end of the game the team captain told me I wasn't good enough to play on the team.

Another team in the league needed guys so I transfered. I faced my "old" team and scored four goals against them lol.

Ball-hogs are mostly unskilled players but all have inflated egos. Ball hockey attracts quite a few of these types as anyone off the street can play it. The sport itself is great, but like many things out there it's just a few dummies that ruin it.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I just want to play some pickup ball hockey. Any good places for that?

If I join a league do I need to register a whole team or can you just do it by yourself and get added to one?

Haven't played ball hockey in ages so not interested in something too serious.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Some guys who play ice hockey also like to play ball hockey. See David Clarkson and Alex Burrows.

I've heard from many people who have played with and against Burrows, as well as reffed his games, that Burrows is the best ball hockey player in the world.

YCBHL is a good league that runs from different locations all across the city and beyond (meaning A place like Markham) and has tiers fitting for each individual's talent level. If you are looking simply for recreation and don't mind co-ed, NotSoPro is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad