Proposal: FLO vs MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I would love to see Jonathan Huberdeau join the habs and see him play with Drouin and Domi.
The Panthers are dead last in the east and could use a big change by moving a player like Jonathan.

To Montreal :

Jonathan Huberdeau

To Florida :

Joel Armia
Nikita Sherback
Nick Suzuki ( future top 6 center )
2rd pick

What do you guy's think ?

Last edited:

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
A bottom 6 winger, a bust, a prospect, and a late pick for a guy that is finally hitting his stride and scoring 50+ pts a year... this isn't that great. Also; hubs plays as a winger, mtl still needs a natural center, no?

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
A bottom 6 winger, a bust, a prospect, and a late pick for a guy that is finally hitting his stride and scoring 50+ pts a year... this isn't that great. Also; hubs plays as a winger, mtl still needs a natural center, no?
Nahh we have Kok - Danault - Domi and Poelhing that will be playing next year.
And then Suzuki will be pushing for a center spot next year as well, i think we're good for now on center.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Florida would be looking for Suzuki and our 1st for JH. Not the type of deal the Habs should be making at this stage. Heck, Suzuki has the ability to be just as good as Huberdeau.

I like Huberdeau as well but so do the Panthers.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Huberdeau is worth much more.
If you don't know who Nick Suzuki is you might say that,
this guy will be a great player for the next 15 years in this league , plus you have 2 decent players that can make the team this year and a 2rd pick , not too bad i think.
it's a similair trade that Patch got from Vegas.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
If you don't know who Nick Suzuki you might say that,
this guy will be a great player for the next 15 years in this league , plus you have 2 decent players that can make the team this year and a 2rd pick , not too bad i think.

Panthers have Barkov + Trocheck down the middle, explain to me why they would further weaken a position of need and add to a position of strength? The value isn't there to begin with, but this just makes it even more nonsensical.

Also, Pacioretty had a year left before UFA and he's 5 years older, not a great comparable.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
This isn't the package that gets Huberdeau. Montreal wouldn't do the trade either, giving up Suzuki isn't in their plans nowadays.

What's Florida's needs?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

It isn't that great but you don't need to falsely call Scherbak a bust, a 2nd rounder a late pick and Suzuki nothing more than some prospect to get your point through.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
If you don't know who Nick Suzuki is you might say that,
Huberdeau is a 25 year old 1st liner. Suzuki is a solid prospect, but he's proven jack shit at the NHL level. Also using the return on a 29 year old rental player as a comparision makes zero sense.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Huberdeau is a 25 year old 1st liner. Suzuki is a solid prospect, but he's proven jack **** at the NHL level. Also using the return on a 29 year old rental player as a comparision makes zero sense.
Patch was not a rental ? i don't know where you get that from.
The reason why the habs got that much for him is because he signed with Vegas on that trade , so he was not a rental.
And the 2 players only have 4 years difference, so yes my comparasion is not to bad.
And just so you know Huberdeau never hit 30 goals a year and Patch had 4 years of 30 goals +.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I would love to see Jonathan Huberdeau join the habs and see him play with Drouin and Domi.
The Panthers are dead last in the east and could use a big change by moving a player like Jonathan.

To Montreal :

Jonathan Huberdeau

To Florida :

Joel Armia
Nikita Sherback
2rd pick

Doesnt address any of our needs.

Borgstrom is more ready than Suzuki

Tippett and Noel are decent enough RW prospects that we dont need Armia or Scherbak.

Very easy no from FLA POV. Not saying Huberdeau isnt available, LW is our biggest current strength but he would be part of a trade to get us a top 4 RD.

This isn't the package that gets Huberdeau. Montreal wouldn't do the trade either, giving up Suzuki isn't in their plans nowadays.

What's Florida's needs?

A defensive top 4 RD

A starting goalie capable of 50+ games for the next 3-4 years while Montembeault develops in AHL.

Last edited:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

To Montreal :

Jonathan Huberdeau

To Florida :

Joel Armia
Nikita Sherback
2rd pick

This doesn't address Florida's needs. It also doesn't address Montreal's needs. The only reason this any Habs fans would be interested is that he's a good player from Saint-Jerome. Montreal doesn't need more left-shot wingers.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Doesnt address any of our needs.

Borgstrom is more ready than Suzuki

Tippett and Noel are decent enough RW prospects that we dont need Armia or Scherbak.

Very easy no from FLA POV. Not saying Huberdeau isnt available, LW is our biggest current strength but he would part of a trade to get us a top 4 RD.

A defensive top 4 RD

A starting goalie capable of 50+ games for the next 3-4 years while Montembeault develops in AHL.

Perhaps Montreal is a good trading partner, Montreal's position of strength is RD.

Petry + Hudon for Huberdeau

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Patch was not a rental ? i don't know where you get that from.
The reason why the habs got that much for him is because he signed with Vegas on that trade , so he was not a rental.
And the 2 players only have 4 years difference, so yes my comparasion is not to bad.
And just so you know Huberdeau never hit 30 goals a year and Patch had 4 years of 30 goals +.
He was a rental. He was in the last year of his deal. Now obviously Vegas had had some discussions with Pacioretty's camp pre-trade to see if he'd extend there. Which did help the return Montreal got. I'm well aware that Pacioretty can score goals, I'm also aware that he'll be on the wrong side of 30 once his extension kicks in and he had a terrible season last year that seems to be extending into this season. It's very reasonable to start wondering if Vegas made a huge mistake paying for what Pacioretty used to be and not what he currently is as a player. Again Huberdeau had 69 points last year. He's 25 years old and locked up in a reasonable long-term deal. Your offer isn't even close.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Perhaps Montreal is a good trading partner, Montreal's position of strength is RD.

Petry + Hudon for Huberdeau

Petry could be part of the trade but Hudon is of no interest to us at all so unless it becomes a bigger plus than Hudon, I don't think we're going to get anything done.

Huberdeau is 25 years old with a good contract and looks to be onto another 65 to 70pt season.

74 goals, 218pts in his last 279 games. (.78 pts per game) over the last 3.5 years. He was injured for half/most of the 2016-17 year.

Last edited:

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
It isn't that great but you don't need to falsely call Scherbak a bust, a 2nd rounder a late pick and Suzuki nothing more than some prospect to get your point through.
Prospects are speculative, while Suzuki looks good there are plenty of junior players who's game doesn't translate to the show. He could be Joe sackic or Rob shremp. Won't know till he's put to the test. I used to be high on scherbak, I call him a bust because a guy with that amount of skill should be able to be more than a ahl/ nhl tweener.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Aint happening. Huby has a great contract too.

Gimme signed Panarin

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Petry could be part of the trade but Hudon is of no interest to us at all so unless it becomes a bigger plus than Hudon, I don't think we're going to get anything done.

Huberdeau is 25 years old with a good contract and looks to be onto another 65 to 70pt season.

74 goals, 218pts in his last 279 games. (.78 pts per game) over the last 3.5 years. He was injured for half/most of the 2016-17 year.

I’m interested. What else would we need to add to Petry?

I’m thinking maybe Lehkonen with another roster player coming back from FLA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad