Flint Firebirds 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Wow! You guys really hate ex- Flint residents supporting the Firebirds. I cannot figure it out? Sounds like I hurt your feelings. Do you hate Traverse City? Are you jealous of it? I love Flint and I love the Firebirds. My longtime hometown. I do not understand a few of your comments towards me. Go Firebirds tonight! Ps: I appreciate Savard18’s more recent comments.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Wow! You guys really hate ex- Flint residents supporting the Firebirds. I cannot figure it out? Sounds like I hurt your feelings. Do you hate Traverse City? Are you jealous of it? I love Flint and I love the Firebirds. My longtime hometown. I do not understand a few of your comments towards me. Go Firebirds tonight! Ps: I appreciate Savard18’s more recent comments.
Shouldn't generalize with terms like "you guys" when accusing someone of hating. I don't hate anyone and certainly not Flint expats from Traverse City. I keep my trap shut concerning 99% of the tripe you post in the hopes you will eventually stop being a pot stirrer. I am clearly living a delusion because you clearly cannot control your impulses in that direction.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Well, the 3-0 magic didn't work tonight. The game winning goal for Windsor with 10 seconds left in the first period should never have happen and cost Flint the game. They should have tied up the play against the boards. All of Flint's goals were on the power play, but going 2/7 they certainly had more opportunities than Windsor with some questionable calls but didn't cash in on them. Home ice advantage now goes back to Windsor, so that means that Flint must win another game in Windsor if they have any hope of advancing to the Finals with Hamilton sweeping their series for the third time winning 6-0 tonight in North Bay. It hasn't really been mentioned but, what has happen to Othmann in round three? Zero goals in four games against Windsor. That is going to have to change if Flint has any hopes of advancing.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Well, the 3-0 magic didn't work tonight. The game winning goal for Windsor with 10 seconds left in the first period should never have happen and cost Flint the game. They should have tied up the play against the boards. All of Flint's goals were on the power play, but going 2/7 they certainly had more opportunities than Windsor with some questionable calls but didn't cash in on them. Home ice advantage now goes back to Windsor, so that means that Flint must win another game in Windsor if they have any hope of advancing to the Finals with Hamilton sweeping their series for the third time winning 6-0 tonight in North Bay. It hasn't really been mentioned but, what has happen to Othmann in round three? Zero goals in four games against Windsor. That is going to have to change if Flint has any hopes of advancing.
Zero goals? He’s just flat out been terrible. He has to be injured and even that won’t explain some of the poor decision making. He’s not shooting the puck, he’s not skating to get open to shoot the puck. Missing passes, over skating the puck, fanning on one-timers. Watching tonight, multiple members of the group I’m with (almost exclusively current or ex-hockey players and their knowledgeable, intelligent wives and daughters) commented on how they were nervous everytime the puck was on Othmann’s stick. That being said, even injured and struggling, I expect him to find a bounce and get going a bit in one of the next couple games. I also think Windsor is playing with fire running Johnston and Cuylle and Perrott as much as they do. If it doesn’t bite them this series it’s certainly going to vs Hamilton and much like Hamilton’s recent Robertson Cup run, their stroll through the East while the Western Conference brutalizes itself is gonna help ensure they have a return trip to the Memorial Cup.

E27914

Sep 9, 2021
Zero goals? He’s just flat out been terrible. He has to be injured and even that won’t explain some of the poor decision making. He’s not shooting the puck, he’s not skating to get open to shoot the puck. Missing passes, over skating the puck, fanning on one-timers. Watching tonight, multiple members of the group I’m with (almost exclusively current or ex-hockey players and their knowledgeable, intelligent wives and daughters) commented on how they were nervous everytime the puck was on Othmann’s stick. That being said, even injured and struggling, I expect him to find a bounce and get going a bit in one of the next couple games. I also think Windsor is playing with fire running Johnston and Cuylle and Perrott as much as they do. If it doesn’t bite them this series it’s certainly going to vs Hamilton and much like Hamilton’s recent Robertson Cup run, their stroll through the East while the Western Conference brutalizes itself is gonna help ensure they have a return trip to the Memorial Cup.
Not sure how Othmann was awarded a star tonight. IMO it should have been given to Kressler.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan and MJ5

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Does anybody know why Firebird forward Piercey was assessed a game misc penalty just after the 10 minute mark of the 3rd,no mention of his penalty or expulsion on the TV broadcast .
No power play either for Windsor on the call though I am sure Flint didn't want Piercey out for the balance of the game.
Now I did hear from sources that Piercey spit at a Windsor player in game 1 of the series,and Windsor went at him in game 2 when Baisov got a major and a game misc,wonder if he did it again (Piercey) and got caught last night.

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Does anybody know why Firebird forward Piercey was assessed a game misc penalty just after the 10 minute mark of the 3rd,no mention of his penalty or expulsion on the TV broadcast .
No power play either for Windsor on the call though I am sure Flint didn't want Piercey out for the balance of the game.
Now I did hear from sources that Piercey spit at a Windsor player in game 1 of the series,and Windsor went at him in game 2 when Baisov got a major and a game misc,wonder if he did it again (Piercey) and got caught last night.

I didn't know about it until you mentioned this and I'm surprised nobody else has. That said, going to the OHL site, the scorer's sheet says it's Rule 23.6, which is...

"23.6 Other Infractions That Could Result in a Game Misconduct –
Refer to the Reference Tables – Table 12 – Summary of Game
Misconduct Penalties (page 129) for a list of the infractions that can
result in a game misconduct penalty being assessed (see specific rule
numbers for complete descriptions).
In addition, the following list of infractions can also result in a game
misconduct penalty being assessed:
(i) interfering with or striking a spectator
(ii) racial taunts or slurs
(iii) spitting on or at an opponent or spectator
Any player or non-playing Club personnel who physically interferes
with the spectators, becomes involved in an altercation with a
spectator, or throws any object at a spectator, shall automatically incur
a game misconduct penalty and the Referee shall report all such
infractions to the Commissioner who shall have full power to impose
such further penalty as he shall deem appropriate."

Make of that what you will.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Get it back Sunday Flint. The better team will win and we cannot afford to get down by three goals again. Defense and offense need to step up tomorrow.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Tough loss in Piercey. No idea what he did and won't speculate what it was. I'd lean towards he did something to earn it if he got a game.

Can't give a 3 goal cushion up again to stsrt a game.
Back n forth series. Great for entertainment.
Being tied up in the series with Othmann providing very little so far is a great thing IF he can figure out a way to contribute. Definitely fighting it based on #s and feedback here.
Spits best skaters have been their most productive this series. Can it change for Flint? Give Othmann a DM flyers T to wear under his uni ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Easily their worst start of the last few games for the first 18 minutes. Generating absolutely no offense until the lucky bounce and 2 on 0 shorty.

Absolutely amazed it's 2-2 right now.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Luke M'Fing Cavallin!

Hope Kressler is alright. Bertuzzi's spill in the corner looked real bad.

Reactions: Toldyaso

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Playing with fire seemingly working? Down 3, 3, 2 to start the last 3 games and grab 2 Ws. Not the way ya draw it up.
B.O. steps up, leads the charge back.
Was Cavilin the difference? Again didn't see the game just scoreboard n last 5 min on radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: TcNorth and MJ5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad