Flint Firebirds 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Aww man, now its going to be hard to look for the old gems of how bad this team is, and how bad Rolf and TC are, all the trades demands that never happened.

ohl16

Jun 27, 2016
Rico Phillips joins TSN’s Daniel Zakrzewski – Ontario Hockey League

Rico been getting a lot of time on the OHL homepage lately. That Firebirds/Firefighter jersey off to his right is slick. I’ve never seen one of those before. Not sure how I would have missed it if it was worn in a game. Another thing I keep forgetting to mention is Tristan Bertucci leading the team in +/- by a fair bit. He’s not an offensive powerhouse at this point but for a 16yo to get as much ice as he does and you never really see big mistakes out of him is impressive. He’s gonna be a big time defender for this team.

Reactions: Toldyaso

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Rico Phillips joins TSN’s Daniel Zakrzewski – Ontario Hockey League

Rico been getting a lot of time on the OHL homepage lately. That Firebirds/Firefighter jersey off to his right is slick. I’ve never seen one of those before. Not sure how I would have missed it if it was worn in a game. Another thing I keep forgetting to mention is Tristan Bertucci leading the team in +/- by a fair bit. He’s not an offensive powerhouse at this point but for a 16yo to get as much ice as he does and you never really see big mistakes out of him is impressive. He’s gonna be a big time defender for this team.
Ha looks like they stole it from the Erie Otters who actually wore that template

Attachments

• F632CAC5-5CBE-4BFF-AA82-B9209FE020FF.jpeg
    F632CAC5-5CBE-4BFF-AA82-B9209FE020FF.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 6

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Huge bounce back game for Cavallin.

Probably the best Erie has played them this year, Erie dominated shots in the 1st and really in the 3rd, Team just continues to get it done.

Last edited:

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
We have a really good team. I would love to see , our PR guy Jack, do a question/answer, likes/dislikes segment of our players on the Firebirds website. Some other teams do this. Is it there and I am missing it?

ohl16

Jun 27, 2016
Three big, tough games ahead starting tonight. The Soo will be without Dickinson and Kartye which offsets the likely no Kressler, Hay etc scenario. If Flint goes 1-2 I’ll be ok. If they go 2-1 or 3-0, I’ll be thrilled.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
We have a really good team. I would love to see , our PR guy Jack, do a question/answer, likes/dislikes segment of our players on the Firebirds website. Some other teams do this. Is it there and I am missing it?
I wish they’d get a color guy and/or have somebody down by the dressing rooms to give intermission interviews. I don’t feel they’re utilizing their marketing abilities as well as they could be. Some of it may be having their hands tied financially though. Especially right now.

E27914

Sep 9, 2021
Three big, tough games ahead starting tonight. The Soo will be without Dickinson and Kartye which offsets the likely no Kressler, Hay etc scenario. If Flint goes 1-2 I’ll be ok. If they go 2-1 or 3-0, I’ll be thrilled.

Hay is eligible to be back in the line up on Feb 19. Hopefully they bring him back in for Sat's game against Windsor. Last time he didn't play against Windsor, FBs didn't fair to well. Need him especially on the PK and back checking to shut down the goal scorers.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Hay is eligible to be back in the line up on Feb 19. Hopefully they bring him back in for Sat's game against Windsor. Last time he didn't play against Windsor, FBs didn't fair to well. Need him especially on the PK and back checking to shut down the goal scorers.
Yup. Facing Rory Kerins and then Wyatt Johnson without Braeden Kressler and Ethan Hay is an intimidating proposition.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Really good game, probably one of their better defensive efforts against a high-powered Greyhounds team. One of Cavallin’s best performances too. But....they didn’t finish on some grade A chances and too often miscues led to Grade A chances being turned into less than Grade A chances. Tag’s turnover late in the 3rd should have never happened and the game should never have even went to OT. Cav can’t get beat 5 hole back to back and you can’t leave Othmann being the 3rd shooter and risk him not even hitting the ice. I love Lombardi. He’s got all the skills to be a shootout stud and maybe will soon but he’s missed back to back PS’s recently. I can Slavicek celebrating a lot of breakaway goals soon too but it’s not now. Still, they got a point, maintained their lead in the West, so pretty good night. They need to recreate that performance two more times this week and I’ll be happy.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

SHUT THE..... Man, I’ve been wanting them to do that since year one. I wish they’d do a Generals-Gears game and auction off the jerseys. I might have to go after one of these. I’m down with a blue-green Spirits jersey too.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
SHUT THE..... Man, I’ve been wanting them to do that since year one. I wish they’d do a Generals-Gears game and auction off the jerseys. I might have to go after one of these. I’m down with a blue-green Spirits jersey too.

There is a rule you can have only so many alternates in a year.

No Star Wars, no Flint Tropics jerseys this year = Flint Generals & Santa Uni's

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Disappointing finishes after a fantastic 3rd.

Windsor has the same voodoo over Flint, as Flint has over Erie.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I’ll take it. Big picture. I don’t think either club has yet to see a full Firebirds lineup. Don’t know if they’ll ever actually ice that though. No Kressler and no Hay and they were getting slaughtered at the dot. The Soo loses tonight and Flint picks up a point. So as of now, they’re still safe in 1st place with everybody’s games in hand. With another shot tomorrow at home. They know they can hang with Windsor, so that really shouldn’t be in their heads too much now. That could change tomorrow though. We knew this would be a tough week especially missing two key centermen, so leaving two road games against two of the top 4 teams in the West with two points is fine by me. Tomorrow will decide whether they had an ok week or a great week. The more I watch Kuzmin snd Slavicek the more I like them and see their game adjusting and developing.

Reactions: MJ5 and Toldyaso

E27914

Sep 9, 2021
I’ll take it. Big picture. I don’t think either club has yet to see a full Firebirds lineup. Don’t know if they’ll ever actually ice that though. No Kressler and no Hay and they were getting slaughtered at the dot. The Soo loses tonight and Flint picks up a point. So as of now, they’re still safe in 1st place with everybody’s games in hand. With another shot tomorrow at home. They know they can hang with Windsor, so that really shouldn’t be in their heads too much now. That could change tomorrow though. We knew this would be a tough week especially missing two key centermen, so leaving two road games against two of the top 4 teams in the West with two points is fine by me. Tomorrow will decide whether they had an ok week or a great week. The more I watch Kuzmin snd Slavicek the more I like them and see their game adjusting and developing.
I agree, I like what I see with Kuzmin, not so sure yet about Slavicek, he can definately skate (forwards), but when it comes skating backwards he get tripped up. At this level he needs to be able to skate both ways. I'm still waiting to be wowed by him and it hasn't happened yet. Maybe something will show up in a few games. I think I prefer Hay as center and Slav on the wing, better yet Assinawai on Hay's wing. Can't wait to have Kressler out in the line up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce