Flint Firebirds 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I’d like them to spend the firsts in both drafts on offense and possibly find a OA Defenseman...hopefully they can get a Center in the import

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Just playing devil’s advocate, but isn’t Orthmann, who has been playing outstanding, a replica of Evan Vierling? I suppose if he is like the Vierling the last 1/3 of the season, I cannot complain.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Just playing devil’s advocate, but isn’t Orthmann, who has been playing outstanding, a replica of Evan Vierling? I suppose if he is like the Vierling the last 1/3 of the season, I cannot complain.

Vierling (mostly) played C behind Byfield as #1 C on a stacked team. Othmann LW on top line with Wright, Clarke, Schmidt on a very stacked team. (Just an educated guess), only Wright & Clarke could have been comparable to last year’s top 6.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I’d like them to spend the firsts in both drafts on offense and possibly find a OA Defenseman...hopefully they can get a Center in the import
I won't cry if they take Clarke or a D in the second round, but that's ^^^ the strategy I'd probably try to go with. Especially if there's any chance Owen Power can be convinced.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
From what I've read, completely different players whose games would compliment each other well. I was thinking about it but haven't looked up the numbers just yet but I think Evan Vierling produced the most points a 16yo ever has in a Firebirds jersey. You can throw his first 20 games away too.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I won't cry if they take Clarke or a D in the second round, but that's ^^^ the strategy I'd probably try to go with. Especially if there's any chance Owen Power can be convinced.

Flint is simply loaded. Players will need to be moved to squeeze an ‘02, 1st & 2nd, OA no matter the position.
Power reporting would be awesome. Another left shot though. That’s another reason for Clarke imo. Busby has two more seasons. McCourt will likely be traded for his OA season. That’s it for RD.

nofriendsinhockey

Aug 31, 2018

I'll get crucified for saying this but I like Othmanns game better than Wrights. Dont be surprised if he ends up being the better, more complete player. IMO, he would be tough to turn down

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I'll get crucified for saying this but I like Othmanns game better than Wrights. Dont be surprised if he ends up being the better, more complete player. IMO, he would be tough to turn down

i-think-i-like-you-meme.jpg

Reactions: Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Huh. OHL Coaches Poll results are out. Everything divided into Eastern and Western Conferences.
Jake Durham #2 Most Underrated
Ty Dellandrea #2 Best Playmaker
Ty Dellandrea #1 Best on Faceoffs

house hockey 98

Apr 8, 2018
What worries me about Othmann is the same draft scenario as Vierling.. Both played with the top picks that inflated their points. Vierling has gotten better however he was really a mid 2nd round player. When you play with a Byfield and Wright who carry the team and you are on their line you rack up a lot of points. I would look for a PP type of D man like a Drysdale

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
What worries me about Othmann is the same draft scenario as Vierling.. Both played with the top picks that inflated their points. Vierling has gotten better however he was really a mid 2nd round player. When you play with a Byfield and Wright who carry the team and you are on their line you rack up a lot of points. I would look for a PP type of D man like a Drysdale

Mid 2nd? What?

Should they have just paid for Perfetti? Do you know how much more the paid him then we paid Vierling?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Difference is Othmann played LW on #1 ranked Wright’s line with #2 ranked Clarke & #10-20 Schmidt. Vierling mostly played C behind top ranked Byfield. You are at least 20 spots off with your Vierling mid-2nd player statement based on last year’s draft ranks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad