(37-13-5) :panthers v :pens (34-14-9)

WATCH: ATTSN, ESPN+ (OUTSIDE PIT, FLA), Sportsnet

LISTEN: 105.9 The X, Penguins Radio Network

Some things to know

Jarry is in goal tonight

Bryan Rust plays his 400th NHL game

Aleksander Barkov is a beast

Sidney Crosby ain't too shite either

4.13 goals is the Cats average (1st in the NHL) so the D better be awake tonight

Teddy may return tonight after missing 16 games with a broken jaw

Penguins held an optional skate this morning with Malkin, Blueger, Boyle, Pettersson, Joseph, Bjorkqvist, Friedman, Ruhwedel and DeSmith taking part. So did Matheson but in a NC jersey. No morning skate for the Cats.

I'm off to the pub now :D

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
This is a real bellwether type game IMO. Going 2-0-1 against the Lightning, Canes, and Panthers in consecutive games - especially if they look as good tonight as they did vs Tampa - would instill me with a lot of confidence about this team's chances to make noise in the postseason. 1-1-1 or 1-0-2, not so much.

Reactions: EpiPen and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We need tight defensive structure and good goaltending…we’re not going to outscore them for a win…let’s go boys…I’ll be missing the first half as usual

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
We need tight defensive structure and good goaltending…we’re not going to outscore them for a win…let’s go boys…I’ll be missing the first half as usual

You always have to outscore the other team for a win Andrew.

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
you know what I mean lol…I doubt we’re scoring 5 + goals ever again…
Bro we scored 5 vs Tampa like 2 games ago.

Our games with Florida have been pretty wide open, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a high scoring affair tonight.

Hopefully Blue gets on the scoresheet. Nice pre-deadline acquisition for us.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
What are you basing this off of?

Florida is a really good team and the Penguins don't really look to me like a group that has flipped that switch back on despite an impressive win over the Bolts. Still see a ton of the same issues.

Plus I'm just kind of a pessimist.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Florida is a really good team and the Penguins don't really look to me like a group that has flipped that switch back on despite an impressive win over the Bolts. Still see a ton of the same issues.

Carolina and TB were unable to dominate us on the scoreboard. Last I checked they're neck and neck in the standings with Florida.

We've already played Florida twice. Both 1 goal games.
There were 3 solid defensive efforts in a row before Carolina, which was a 2nd of a back to back. Pretty good evidence the switch is back on.
We're adding a good player to the lineup today as well.

I mean sure, the NHL is quite random. We may see that scoreline you suggest. But I don't see that the math leans that way.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean I hope you're right, obviously. What I say makes no difference at all.

Their top line is as good as it gets. L2 is wobbly as hell and their depth scoring has dried up into nothing. Defense and goaltending pretty great. Special teams are fine.

That to me just doesn't look like a group that can go up against the league's best with any consistency. But hey I said the same thing against the Bolts, I'm sure.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Florida has actually been pretty bad for about a month now. If we play how we did against Tampa and somewhat in Carolina should be a win.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm afraid of the Panthers. Every time I look at the scoreboard they've got six goals.

The coolest part of the Cats this year is like if you watch the Penguins they let up when they get a lead. The Panthers just bury teams when they have them on the rope.

Probably will end up burning them in the playoffs when teams actually give a shit about being embarrassed.

Reactions: tom_servo

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Obviously a win tonight would be great, but I won't be too concerned if it is a hard fought loss. The only thing to concern me is if there is little sign of fight from the Pens.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Obviously a win tonight would be great, but I won't be too concerned if it is a hard fought loss. The only thing to concern me is if there is little sign of fight from the Pens.
A win tonight is very important IMO. FLA is coming off playing last night. We're rested. If we fancy ourselves a serious contender we need to win such games. No viables excuse tonight! Just win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad