Fleury's playoff performance with the Pens

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
so as to the goalie coach argument. I believe that he had some bad technique issues that bale's cleaned up. ESPECIALLY on bad angle shots. While the sports shrink certainly helps. I think Meloche was super bad for Fleury. He heightened fleury's already anxious nature. You tell a goalie that he's doing everything perfectly, doing nothing wrong, but yet crazy stupid crap is happening. You're telling him it's not under his control at all and he is just cursed basically. Like the quote that Meloche made in the islander series about "bad puck luck".

in my experience, if you illustrate to a player what actions they did that caused the issue, tell them how to fix it, and then do drills to help get the muscle memory in place that that goes a lot farther then just telling the player he has bad luck. ;) Fleury is overly anxious at times and Meloche just exacerbated it.

I just think Meloche was the worst possible person for fleury, I think the hot dog vendor would've done a better job.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
No one said there weren't more reasons than just him, but he was the main reason in several series. You are acting like people have solely blamed him. That hasn't happened from what I've read here.

LOL all you want about that video, but Fleury had a stick in on him and he reacted to it.

As far as this post goes, you are retracting from a stance heavily favored around here because you say he was the main reason in several series, but if we go back more than 50% say he's the main reason they haven't from 2010 to 2014.

Which is it? a few series or a few years?

Clarification is probably more prudent when one way it's all about him taking all of the blame, and the other is at times it's about him taking some blame.

I really think people will be down on players when stuff happens, but only select players get the blame tag later on and dissected to nausea measures where limp plays are used to solidify their point. At least come up with material where he literally did it of his own accord. There are instances to that.

My only problem with this kind of petty stance is, if we all took the time, we could make a similar case for the entire core. A lot of the old beat down whipping boys are gone. When do the rest of the core get what they got coming to them? They're just to blame and maybe a bit more. Fleury was back to normal, but what about the rest of the core? The failures kept coming while Fleury was just fine.

It all starts with DB and a good bit on RS.

This team was coddled and treated like everyone was related and didn't want to hurt feelings.

In the end, it's a team sport, and that means they all failed.

Reactions: RizzleMcRib

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Barrasso (who I cheered for through the 90s) was barely a .500 goalie in both the playoffs or regular season despite being on some of the most explosive Penguins teams.

I guess people also forget that Wregget outplayed Barrasso in the the 95 & 96 playoffs.

Tom Barrasso was adequate for our needs.

Though I would have liked him to have pulled one out for the team against the Islanders in 93. Getting outplayed by Glen Healy...tsk. Yes yes yes...it wasn't just him.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Despite the success he may have, this stuff just never happens to others as much as him. Meloche isn't super wrong when they idea of cursed, puck luck, no control over the situation is talked about. MAF has the stupidest shit happen to him at the worst possible times And I don't know why.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
On the other hand I think Holtby was one of the luckiest goalies I have ever watched in a cup run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad