Fleury's New Mask

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Love the color scheme, hate the design (if you can even call that a design). Letters on the chin, really? It's like he knows he'll get traded after a week so he told the mask guy to do the cheapest, quickest job.

Really not liking this whole old school movement league-wide. This isn't 1975.

Totally. He should've just gotten a Las Vegas mask and save himself the trouble.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Pretty similar, it had the logo on top and a bunch of yellow triangle-y shapes haha

TomBarrasso400-374x572.jpg

I don't find them all that similar, to be honest. I never liked Barrasso's mask, at all. It looked like geometry class gone wrong, for the sake of itself.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
I think the only thing I would have done differently, had I been commissioned to design it... Would be to stroke and inline the characters the same way as seen on the diag-jersey. The hairline stroke he's got there now is a bit weak, and doesn't help pop the letters the way it should.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I think the only thing I would have done differently, had I been commissioned to design it... Would be to stroke and inline the characters the same way as seen on the diag-jersey. The hairline stroke he's got there now is a bit weak, and doesn't help pop the letters the way it should.

You'd stroke those letters so hard, wouldn't you, tweed?

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006

Okay, now that I see it... I'm gonna go ahead say I think I was wrong. :laugh:

uqYYhbQ.jpg

Liquid Gel

Pierogi eater
Oct 8, 2010
Walden Pond
I apologize if this doesn't deserve it's own thread, but I didn't know where else to put it.

This is Fleury's mask for the upcoming season

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-22%20at%207.02.31%20PM_zpsxj9siuv3.png

:amazed:

This is BY FAR the best mask he's ever had.. and with the new uniforms.. OMG

It's gonna look good with the Yellow Third jersey they break out for Winter Classic

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Back to basics for MAF eh? I like it OK — suits the Pittsburgh ethic. But it almost feels too simple. Like someone couldn't come up with a spiffy design so they just wrapped the letters around the jaw (which makes sense because of how many there are) and popped the logo on the dome.

That said I don't have a problem with it. Way better to err this direction than go overboard on the design elements. Less is more. ™

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Maybe it's the angle or shape of the mask but, do some of the letters look crooked? Particularly the R?

This helmet screams "I'll probably be traded soon so I'll just go to Dick's Sporting Goods, get a black helmet, and throw a few stickers on there."
:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad