Fleury's New Mask

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I apologize if this doesn't deserve it's own thread, but I didn't know where else to put it.

This is Fleury's mask for the upcoming season

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-22%20at%207.02.31%20PM_zpsxj9siuv3.png

:amazed:

This is BY FAR the best mask he's ever had.. and with the new uniforms.. OMG

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
So do I but this isn't just simple, it's bad design.

The "PITTSBURGH" is just laughable, and... it could have and should have been done a lot better.

The whole thing looks rushed and not well thought out.

Just because it's "simple" doesn't mean it's easy.

I really couldn't disagree more. Awesome mask.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I like last years black/yellow more than this.

Unless I'm missing something because I'm on mobile and the pic is small, it looks like a standard mask you get in NHL17. Just black with the logo. It's nice because the color scheme is perfect, but the mask isn't anything special.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I like last years black/yellow more than this.

Unless I'm missing something because I'm on mobile and the pic is small, it looks like a standard mask you get in NHL17. Just black with the logo. It's nice because the color scheme is perfect, but the mask isn't anything special.

A lot of those NHL17 masks are better than the actual player masks..

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
So do I but this isn't just simple, it's bad design.

The "PITTSBURGH" is just laughable, and... it could have and should have been done a lot better.

The whole thing looks rushed and not well thought out.

Just because it's "simple" doesn't mean it's easy.

Sorry sandals, you're wrong.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Love the color scheme, hate the design (if you can even call that a design). Letters on the chin, really? It's like he knows he'll get traded after a week so he told the mask guy to do the cheapest, quickest job.

Really not liking this whole old school movement league-wide. This isn't 1975.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Love the color scheme, hate the design (if you can even call that a design). Letters on the chin, really? It's like he knows he'll get traded after a week so he told the mask guy to do the cheapest, quickest job.

:laugh: Yes I'm sure that's what happened.

I love the old school movement. It's also the 50th anniversary season for some teams and Leafs 100 (league's 100 too?) so that's why you see a lot of this movement.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I also love the old school movement. I love a simple, clean, look. Honestly, I think I'd like this even more without the Pittsburgh on the chin.

I hate overly busy designs. I don't think you can make an overly simple design. A plain, solid colored mask would look better than half the masks around the league imo.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

I think the design is pretty cool, IMO. Simple but also shows off the 90-93 logos basically in one mask. Especially with us switching full time to those jerseys. As AgentM said, that Pittsburgh written out is definitely influenced by the diagonal jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad