Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
not yet, but he will be.

Thankfully.

He's been brilliant but the team around him is just beyond crap. Hopefully he can regain some of his confidence playing in the Q. A playoff run will be great for him too.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I am interested in what Cape Breton is going to do with Martin Houle, he is possibly the best goalie in the Quebec league right now and maybe the CHL, he the one of the reasons for his team. He took a back seat last year just after the year in 2001-02 where he was named top Quebec AAA goalie of the year and now this year he is doing the same in the CHL as he did in AAA and now Fleury will be comming back.

Will he step aside or cause some havioc inside the team?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
moosefan said:
I am interested in what Cape Breton is going to do with Martin Houle, he is possibly the best goalie in the Quebec league right now and maybe the CHL, he the one of the reasons for his team. He took a back seat last year just after the year in 2001-02 where he was named top Quebec AAA goalie of the year and now this year he is doing the same in the CHL as he did in AAA and now Fleury will be comming back.

Will he step aside or cause some havioc inside the team?
As a Eagle fan I could give a half damn about Fleury, Houle got us where we are now and its his show to run. Fleury should have to steal the spot from Houle which I highly doubt he will do with his confidence right now. We arn't trying to please Pittsburgh, we are trying to win.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
As a Eagle fan I could give a half damn about Fleury, Houle got us where we are now and its his show to run. Fleury should have to steal the spot from Houle which I highly doubt he will do with his confidence right now. We arn't trying to please Pittsburgh, we are trying to win.

Fleury was there when there was no one else on the team to put fans in the stands. Houle should feel privileged, this is probably his first ever experience playing on an All-Star Team :D

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
Fleury was there when there was no one else on the team to put fans in the stands. Houle should feel privileged, this is probably his first ever experience playing on an All-Star Team :D
We allways had fans in the stands and I know they didn't go to watch a hockey game because of fleury. Untill mid season last year when they realized he was going to be drafted fairly early in the draft.

If Fleury can't outplay Houle there is no reason he should be given the spot becasue he was drafted 1st overall and he played for the eagles for two years before. Houle's future is riding on how he performes down the stretch. If Houle leads the Eagels to the memorial cup his stock goes up big time. Just my thoughts on the issue. I thought Fleury's rights should have been traded back before the trade freeze. Houle is going to be the man next year no matter what, keep him happy for two years.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Houle's future is riding on how he performes down the stretch. If Houle leads the Eagels to the memorial cup his stock goes up big time

No question there, but I think it's pretty fair to say Marc-André Fleury is more of an asset than Martin Houle.

It's a tough predicament for the Screaming Eagles now that Fleury's back. But Marc-André did Cape Breton a world of good for three seasons and seeing him back between the pipes isn't going to hurt the team. This is the same guy who broke all of C-Breton's team records on bad teams (w/ exception of 01/02).

It will hurt Houle, but not the team itself.

BCCHL inactive

JasonMacIsaac said:
Fleury should have to steal the spot from Houle which I highly doubt he will do with his confidence right now.

Oh please. Fleury could take the spot from Houle while in a coma.

JasonMacIsaac said:
We arn't trying to please Pittsburgh, we are trying to win.

Maybe so, but junior hockey is still about development of players before anything else. If Fleury had have been there all season and Pittsburgh decided to call him up now, he wouldn't reject because he is in a Memorial Cup contending position....he would go to Pittsburgh.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
How do you know that, Houle has been the best goaltender in all of the CHL, Fleury has steep standards to meet or he will only do worse. Fleury should not be given the starter role due to his status in the hockey world and his former accomplishments. Hockey is a game that should allways be played in the present.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
The best goalie should be given the job, and all indications point to Fleury. Houle will have next year.

Bottom line is you take the guy who gives you the best chance to win.

BCCHL inactive

JasonMacIsaac said:
How do you know that, Houle has been the best goaltender in all of the CHL

Have you seen games in all three leagues? Kelly Guard has already set the record for most shutouts in a season (11 and counting) in the WHL and the CHL. I'm not saying Guard is the best goaltender in the CHL....because I cannot make a valid judgment without watching games in the OHL and QMJHL.

JasonMacIsaac said:
Fleury should not be given the starter role due to his status in the hockey world and his former accomplishments. Hockey is a game that should allways be played in the present.

And presently, Fleury is an NHL goaltender. He does not need to prove himself at a lower level.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Van said:
Oh please. Fleury could take the spot from Houle while in a coma.

Maybe so, but junior hockey is still about development of players before anything else. If Fleury had have been there all season and Pittsburgh decided to call him up now, he wouldn't reject because he is in a Memorial Cup contending position....he would go to Pittsburgh.
And you seen Houle play where, stick to your WHL business because you have no clue about the players you are talkign about. The second part of your post means absolutly nothing, pro teams can only control what to do with their players when they are playing for their organization, they have no control in a players development in Junior nor should they have that control.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
MrKnowNothing said:
The best goalie should be given the job, and all indications point to Fleury. Houle will have next year.

Bottom line is you take the guy who gives you the best chance to win.
How is Fleury the better goaltender, how can you make that comparison without seeing how they play against similar compitition.

BCCHL inactive

JasonMacIsaac said:
And you seen Houle play where, stick to your WHL business because you have no clue about the players you are talkign about.

The arrogance stinks.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Van said:
Have you seen games in all three leagues? Kelly Guard has already set the record for most shutouts in a season (11 and counting) in the WHL and the CHL. I'm not saying Guard is the best goaltender in the CHL....because I cannot make a valid judgment without watching games in the OHL and QMJHL.

And presently, Fleury is an NHL goaltender. He does not need to prove himself at a lower level.
Probably an unfair assesment there but he is clearly the best goaltender in the Q and you can't take that away from him.

Fleury is an NHL goaltender......thats really nice to know, he does have to prove himself becasue his play in the NHL has been suspect at times. Fleury needs to prove he can outplay the best goaltender in the QMJHL.

BCCHL inactive

JasonMacIsaac said:
Doesn't it, arrongance seems to sweat from your pores daily.

You're the one making a hockey discussion personal.....and I'm arrogant. :shakehead

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Van said:
You're the one making a hockey discussion personal.....and I'm arrogant. :shakehead
Not personal at all, I have never been in an arguement with you before but have seen you in many of them. You seem overconfident in all of them even if you are in the wrong.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Fleury should not be given the starter role due to his status in the hockey world

I watch the Q, and I think Fleury's the better goaltender for all of the same reasons. It's a shame for Houle who has played well, but unfortunately Fleury's rights are owned by the same team and he is the best goaltender his age in the world.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
How do you know that, Houle has been the best goaltender in all of the CHL, Fleury has steep standards to meet or he will only do worse. Fleury should not be given the starter role due to his status in the hockey world and his former accomplishments.
I don't think anybody is suggesting that. But regardless of your clear affection for Houle, wouldn't you rather have Fleury in a playoff run than Houle? Assuming Fleury finds some confidence early on and runs with it.

To me, if both are on top of their games, there isn't a person in the hockey world that wouldn't take Fleury over Houle.

My guess is that you'll see one of the two traded before long. Both are too good to ride the pine.
When's the trade deadline for the Q? Imagine the asset they might be able to find for one of Houle or Fleury. Especially for Houle, considering he'll be back next year.

Last edited:

dori_isles

Jan 17, 2004
Germany
www.myspace.com
might be a stupid question but..
why is nobody trying to get fleury for his team? is it the money? too much money for a too young player? what is the problem? why he has to play for a junior team? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad