GDT: Flams @ Wold: "A Wild Wild Appears" (6:00pm MT @ SNW, Fan 960)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
cant-believe-eyes.gif

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Even though the Flames played really well, Minny doesn't look that threatening.

Parise is going to be a boat anchor of a contract real quickly.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I was highly critical of the CJ signing. Mostly because Buffalo aquired him to seal their tank. But last year he was good on a bad team.

He's not the most athletic goalie. Probably won't make a lot of spectacular saves. But his positioning is outstanding.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
I was highly critical of the CJ signing. Mostly because Buffalo aquired him to seal their tank. But last year he was good on a bad team.

He's not the most athletic goalie. Probably won't make a lot of spectacular saves. But his positioning is outstanding.

I mean he's had some real nice stats in 2 of his last 3 seasons. Not sure what happened in New York :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Even though the Flames played really well, Minny doesn't look that threatening.

Parise is going to be a boat anchor of a contract real quickly.
This was Parise's first game back after missing 2+ weeks with a foot injury, prior to tonight he was just shy of a point per game.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Holy crap we won

Holy crap a shutout

Looks like I should make a few more of these A+ effort GDTs now

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It's getting nasty in here.

Also, I was saying in the offseason people will be surprised by Johnson. He's just hitting his prime, he's got great size, he sees the puck well, his angles are great and he's hard to beat. He's actually a perfect compliment to Elliott.

Johnson is quickly becoming my preferred goalie. He seems so steady in so many of his games so far.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Figures the night I can't watch, we win. Still haven't caught a win this season but have watchee 7 losses :laugh:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'll agree that I have definitely felt more comfortable with Johnson in net. He definitely seems like he's just so steady every game.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Johnson is quickly becoming my preferred goalie. He seems so steady in so many of his games so far.

In the minutes I've seen them play this season, I'd give Johnson an overall edge in performance. He's looked more solid IMO. I do think Elliott has a higher ceiling of the two, but Johnson looks capable of being a good starter.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I know we won, but I don't think we actually played a better game than last game. We didn't get scored on, but we gave up the types of chances where we usually do get scored on. And we did score the same amount of goals as last game, but I think we had fewer quality scoring chances.

All in all, I liked the defence pairings this game. I thought Hamilton and Giordano looked like we wanted it to last season. Dougie made some nice plays on the offensive end, especially on that play where Johnny hit the iron. Wideman and Brodie was good too. Wideman looks like a pretty solid d-man right now, which is great. Brodie did some good things and some bad things in this game, but overall I liked his game. One thing I noticed is that they might write his name down on the left side of the pairing, but you'll find him on either side each shift. I think Wideman doesn't mind that either.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Good analysis and I agree for the most part AS. We got some really solid goal tending tonight to force the win. The big takeaway for me from this game is that someone other than Gaudreau finally looked ****** off out there. I liked that we played with an edge, Hathaway is such a welcome addition.

I am attending the game tomorrow night and I am hoping we see some more of that edge against Arizona and in particular Domi.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I know we won, but I don't think we actually played a better game than last game. We didn't get scored on, but we gave up the types of chances where we usually do get scored on. And we did score the same amount of goals as last game, but I think we had fewer quality scoring chances.

All in all, I liked the defence pairings this game. I thought Hamilton and Giordano looked like we wanted it to last season. Dougie made some nice plays on the offensive end, especially on that play where Johnny hit the iron. Wideman and Brodie was good too. Wideman looks like a pretty solid d-man right now, which is great. Brodie did some good things and some bad things in this game, but overall I liked his game. One thing I noticed is that they might write his name down on the left side of the pairing, but you'll find him on either side each shift. I think Wideman doesn't mind that either.

the good thing about Wideman and Brodie is Brodie can cover for the others skating a fair bit

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Anything about Gaudreau? Looked like he was slashed on that last PP near the blueline..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad