Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Flames:

nab8yO.gif

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
We can stop icing lucic-Lewis every third shift. I get it he scored a goal which is a miracle in and of itself, but seriously stop.

Reactions: Boomstick

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't really think the Flames did anything all that different in this game. They played better than they have definitely, but honestly the Sharks were on a b2b and they are bad. We've really just needed to play a team playing like that for a while. Lines looked to at least have some chemistry which is better than the -1000 chemistry they were showing previously.

Great : Lindy put in a "Sign me bitch I wanna be Captain" performance. Not only the points but was definitely our best skater in all 3 zones. Nice to see him back up some of his comments, now go do it again.

Good : Ras was quality. Mangiapane solid, actually made space for himself and his linemates in this one. Hung on to the puck and made plays. Huberdeau nice pass to break the game open. Looked engaged in his 700th game, thought both penalties on him were weak.. Weegar starting to come on since that Columbus game, hopefully starts contributing offensively sometime soon.

Pretty good : Toffoli nice shot to open the scoring on a gift, still slow but battled well. Lucic scored a goal wow incredible. Finally a W for Markstrom, he made some good saves and wasn't sliding all over the place. One of Stone's better games recently as well, which is perhaps not saying much.Zadorov when he was in was decent despite getting caught up ice once.

Not bad : Dube, Backlund, Lewis, Mackey, Gilbert, Coleman. About what you'd expect from this group. Backlund's line was kind of poor.

Not good : Ruzicka just not moving his feet, not moving the puck quick enough, not making good decisions when he did. Hanifin... got lucky that the Sharks were inept offensively a cpl times. If Zadorov is out for any amount of time we're going to be leaning on him and that is kind of worrisome. Naz had 2pts in this one but I thought he generally sucked.

Not exactly an A+ dominating prove it performance by the Flames but hopefully a building block type game to get them heading in the right direction.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kind of felt like one that finally swung the Flames way.
I've really liked how this team has played over the last number of games, having no wins to show for it certainly sucks but I haven't hated the structure, the pace or the play... it's been tough when any shot the other team takes can go in... and it seems like everything you put on net doesn't bounce your way.

Hopefully Calgary can build of this and get moving in the right direction. We're in the middle of the 'this should start clicking phase'.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
... it's been tough when any shot the other team takes can go in...
This has been a self-made problem, though. The solution is to make sure those shots aren't uncontested from the high danger areas or on breakaways.

That's the biggest thing I haven't liked this year. We just haven't been able to protect our goalies anywhere near what we did last year. There is a lack of control in our defensive game once the first attempt to get the puck back doesn't work. And I feel like the roster should be better equipped to shut things down this year than last.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This has been a self-made problem, though. The solution is to make sure those shots aren't uncontested from the high danger areas or on breakaways.

That's the biggest thing I haven't liked this year. We just haven't been able to protect our goalies anywhere near what we did last year. There is a lack of control in our defensive game once the first attempt to get the puck back doesn't work. And I feel like the roster should be better equipped to shut things down this year than last.

I mean, yes and no.
I do feel like they're giving up more quality than they did last year. Which is confusing considering they have what on paper feels like a more complete two-way group.

Also Markstrom has struggled mightily. I like Marky a lot, but I don't think anyone could really protect how bad he's been for most of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad