Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Also, it was refreshing to see Greening not in the lineup. So tired of his ****

*****ing this.

Murray doesn't realize that this team's best is addition due to subtraction.

Smith's line looked alive in the offensive zone.

Now, imagine if we had 2 more competent 3rd liners instead of Kassian and Condra.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I hate to be that guy

but could you guys imagine how much deadlier the Turris line would look with alfie on its right wing, three of the best two way forwards in the game, and ryan could have played with spezza

Pretty sure if Ottawa had Alfie, we'd be in a better position than Detroit is in right now.

Also wonder why no Milo on the EN for a hattie.

Last edited:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Gryba has been our most consistent D man all season. Just calm and steady.

I really like his game.

I do too. I thought he improved a lot last year when he came up, and he has improved a lot this year as well. His ceiling is not as high as some of the others, but there is a lot to be said for the guys that play within their own game. He is pretty steady back there.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Turris was the best player today. Spezza wasn't. No agenda needed to come to a logical conclusion.

Some people have such a heavy pro-Spezza agenda, they'll pimp him up and throw #65 (and others) under the bus no matter what happened on the ice. It's getting hilarious. Those guys are fun to read just for the massive lols.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
both spezza and turris were good

spezza got us into the game and turris ended it

sheesh

John Holmes*

Remember when everyone was pissed about Kassian's fight? Woke the team up right after that, Kassian is great.

Fans get pizza! I asked someone that went.

Where is the white text?

You can't be serious. The only good thing that Kassian did was remove himself from the game for 17 minutes so that MacPotato couldn't use him.

He killed a scoring chance, and he put the team down a man for no real reason.

Two useless goons fighting for the sake of fighting. What's the point of that?

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
I do too. I thought he improved a lot last year when he came up, and he has improved a lot this year as well. His ceiling is not as high as some of the others, but there is a lot to be said for the guys that play within their own game. He is pretty steady back there.

I would say his numbers are like Boychuk/ Beauchemin. Ceiling for what points?

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
I have to agree with Holmes. If a fight is what it takes to wake a team up than the team is very weak mentally. I remember all the praise Carkner got for beating up Boyle in the playoffs but he'd be considered a huge bum and an idiot if the rangers had buried us with that 5 minute major. If they had scored a couple goals on that major we'd have went down 2-0 in the series and I highly doubt we even get to a game 6 or 7. Also I seem to remember one Chris Neil beating up Prust in game 6 to try and wake the team up but instead the team continued to play like ass and only played better in the 3rd when the rangers sat back with a 3-1 lead. Fighting for momentum is very overrated and some poster was mentioning a study that the stats don't back up fighting leading to momentum most of the time.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
But the Rangers didn't bury us and Carkner was awesome.

Still one of my all time favourite Sens moments. Yeah, we lost the series and that sucks. However, that was a team that stood up for each other. I still have the image of Boyle hacking away at Karlsson to try to take him out of the game burned into my brain. Carkner and Neil made sure Boyle learned a very painful lesson about what happens when you go after our star players. That stuff may not matter to some fans, but you can bet it mattered a lot to Karlsson at the time.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
His ceiling is that he will never move into the top 2, and will likely settle in as a reliable 5/6 guy. Points completely are irrelevant here.

Most TOI other than Karlsson 20+. Is this 5/6 time? He keeps getting all the toughest defensive assignments. My guess is your perspective must be based on previous bias . Look at Boychuks. Brewer, Schenn, Jorges Beuachemin's numbers etc and tell me what is different other than games played.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Michalek gets two solid goals & the least amount of votes. I wonder if it was Spezza or Karlsson that got two goals how outraged people would be if they didn't get the most votes. :shakehead

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Still one of my all time favourite Sens moments. Yeah, we lost the series and that sucks. However, that was a team that stood up for each other. I still have the image of Boyle hacking away at Karlsson to try to take him out of the game burned into my brain. Carkner and Neil made sure Boyle learned a very painful lesson about what happens when you go after our star players. That stuff may not matter to some fans, but you can bet it mattered a lot to Karlsson at the time.

It would've mattered a lot more if they took care of him when it happened, instead of Carkner waiting until the next game to go after him.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Michalek gets two solid goals & the least amount of votes. I wonder if it was Spezza or Karlsson that got two goals how outraged people would be if they didn't get the most votes. :shakehead

There aren't many Michalek fanboys around here.

Turris was still the best player along with MacArthur. Happy there are enough knowledgeable to get them an appropriate amount of votes.

GuidedRightly

Dec 3, 2013
Dubai

^ This. I loved tha fact that the team fought back and wouldn't take it. I want see that fight from every edition of the Sens.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

meh...he had a good game, and has been better as of late. But it's hard to get a year and a half of lackluster play out of everyone's heads. I really doubt he's in the teams' long-term plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad