GDT: Flames vs Senators | Wednesday March 24th, 5PM | TSN5 and TVAS

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Guys

Dadonov is useless

There now he can score a hat trick

I finally had my fill of him. Don't care about that assist.

He actually has terrible hockey sense...awful decisions with the puck, weak on the puck and manhandled on the boards.

Pray we don't protect him and Seattle thinks they can get a solid 2nd line player.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Definitely looked very strange.. A shot for a rebound would be better than how it worked out. .. Confidence takes another hit

That Tweet is strange.

He clearly took his own angle away...just pull the puck over on your backhand. Even if it was a bad angle get the puck to the net.

Seriously I can't stand his play anymore...I'm going to go all Sweatred on him from now on.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He played well, for sure. Unlucky to have a goal deflect in off him but his speed makes a huge difference. Huge.
It's great to see him close so quickly. It was pretty foreign early, not there's Joseph, Formenton and Dzingel with blazing speed. 2 of those guys are relentless too.

I like it a lot.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Also, I wanna add:

Minus that 9 game losing streak to begin the season, this team is exactly what I wanted them to be this year. Great play from the young guys, hard to play against, in most games and a thorn in the side of some rivals in the division.

All in all, I’d say this has been a pretty good year for the rebuild

Reactions: Deku

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Meh, he’s been better this season but he shouldn’t be anything more than a placeholder, a multi year deal which he for sure will be looking for isn’t a great fit moving forward.

If he’s looking for term, we should move on. But he’s a decent player, definitely an NHLer. If we can sign him for 1-2 years I’d be okay with it.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Pretty sure this lineup is better.. But like who in their right mind would have guessed that

Interesting to compare the team's record:

- with and without Gudbranson
- with and without Stepan
- with and without Murray
etc.

We gave up plenty of assets and valuable $$$ for seemingly a negative return. Zub has been the best off-season acquisition, and management didn't even believe in him enough to play him at the beginning.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Interesting to compare the team's record:

- with and without Gudbranson
- with and without Stepan
- with and without Murray
etc.

We gave up plenty of assets and valuable $$$ for seemingly a negative return. Zub has been the best off-season acquisition, and management didn't even believe in him enough to play him at the beginning.
It’s pretty concerning that most of the guys Dorion brought in this offseason (Gudbranson, Brown, Coburne, Pacquette, Murray) are all the guys that have come out of the line up.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Wins are nice but man we lack serious, serious skill.

When Stutzle and Batherson not on you get real confused with wtf going on and team looks like bunch of grinders. When Nick Paul looks like one of your most creative players, and Dzingel best scorer, you gotta think stuff through.

At least our defense looking much better. I’ve been brutally hard on Reilly but wouldn’t mind him as bottom pair guy for next year. Although I’d prefer Brannstrom there unless he gets traded.

I guess we stay the course and finish bottom 3 this year and next. I’d be nervous as hell of Dorion making a quantity for quality trade unless it’s for bonafide star like Forsberg.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Also, I wanna add:

Minus that 9 game losing streak to begin the season, this team is exactly what I wanted them to be this year. Great play from the young guys, hard to play against, in most games and a thorn in the side of some rivals in the division.

All in all, I’d say this has been a pretty good year for the rebuild

Agreed - in January it was looking dire, I remember thinking we wouldn't hit 10 wins on the season. Glad all the losing and negativity didn't seem to affect the team too much, and they have been been much more respectable in the last 2 months.

I might be in the minority but I don’t mind Dadanov at all.

I think we just need to find him the right linemates. Paul-White-Dadonov was good for a little bit but cooled off big time. I would like to see him play with Stutzle, but breaking up the Stutzle-Batherson combo might not be the best idea right now.

Meh, he’s been better this season but he shouldn’t be anything more than a placeholder, a multi year deal which he for sure will be looking for isn’t a great fit moving forward.

Yeah, Reilly has improved a ton lately, but I don't think he is top 4 D long-term. I wouldn't mind giving him a 1 year deal, if he would even sign that. If we need another LD stop gap next year (hopefully not if Brannstrom improves) we can certainly do better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad