Pre-Game Talk: Flames vs Jets - Thu Apr 5 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
- no practice......who needs practice?
- Wheeler Scheifele Lowry Morrissey Trouba Hellebuyck all return. Will a few different "regulars" sit this one out?
- does Roslovic stay in the lineup?
- does Niku get another game before returning to the Moose?
-we are still ahead of Vegas (by 1 point) and not mathematically eliminated from the Central crown yet, so getting two points would be a good thing
- Helle can tie Barrasso for most wins in a season by a US born goalie

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Most people are watching out for Ehlers #30, but actually whatever point he next gets will put him to 60 Points and secure him his maximum bonuses of $850k. (Though, if he doesn't play a game any more, he has at this point unlocked three categories of G, PpGP and ToI and is likely to get the needed fourth one in +/- unless Tanev pushes him outside of forwards Top 3.)

Connor got Goals and ToI categories in the bag, will need one more point to secure PpGP. Would need 5 points to reach 60 P needed for maxing out his bonuses of $850k.

Josh Morrissey got three categories bagged: Top 3 +/-, Blocked Shots, ToI. It's probably enough to max out his $500k.

Laine is pretty much clear for his $2.65M.

Reactions: Tommigun and Gm0ney

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Most people are watching out for Ehlers #30, but actually whatever point he next gets will put him to 60 Points and secure him his maximum bonuses of $850k. (Though, if he doesn't play a game any more, he has at this point unlocked three categories of G, PpGP and ToI and is likely to get the needed fourth one in +/- unless Tanev pushes him outside of forwards Top 3.)

Connor got Goals and ToI categories in the bag, will need one more point to secure PpGP. Would need 5 points to reach 60 P needed for maxing out his bonuses of $850k.

Josh Morrissey got three categories bagged: Top 3 +/-, Blocked Shots, ToI. It's probably enough to max out his $500k.

We need to trade for players that aren't as good so that we can save that bonus money to replace the traded players for better players again!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

The good news is that capfriendly projects the Jets to have $5,074,221 in projected cap space at the end of the season. We should be able to absorb every dollar of ELC bonus and remain below the ceiling. No bonus overage is a good thing.

Reactions: Lempo

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Would love to see Niku getting a home game before getting sent down. The moose are at home and play Friday so there wouldn’t be any travel concerns.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
I read somewhere that Hellebuyck with a win against Calgary, will also tie Miika Kiprusoff for most home wins ever. Not sure if that's true or not.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Home ice throughout playoffs, match-up against St. Louis or Colorado in the first round...hell ya I want to finish 1st in the Central.

Winning the Central does not necessarily guarantee home ice in the SCF though. We would need a few dominoes to fall in order to win the PT

1 Jets get 4 points from remaining 2 games CGY CHI
2 Nashville gets 1 point or less from remaining 2 games WAS CBJ
3 Boston gets 3 points or less from remaining 3 games FLA OTT FLA
4 Tampa gets 3 points or less from remaining 2 games BUF CAR

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Home ice throughout playoffs, match-up against St. Louis or Colorado in the first round...hell ya I want to finish 1st in the Central.

I would personally rather play the Wild without Suter than the Avs, and ideally would like to avoid the Ducks in the first round as well to avoid the entire narrative of 2015

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Winning the Central does not necessarily guarantee home ice in the SCF though. We would need a few dominoes to fall in order to win the PT

1 Jets get 4 points from remaining 2 games CGY CHI
2 Nashville gets 1 point or less from remaining 2 games WAS CBJ
3 Boston gets 3 points or less from remaining 3 games FLA OTT FLA
4 Tampa gets 3 points or less from remaining 2 games BUF CAR
Good point!
I would personally rather play the Wild without Suter than the Avs, and ideally would like to avoid the Ducks in the first round as well to avoid the entire narrative of 2015
The Avs are a 1 line team, I think we'd destroy them other than when they have 1 line on the ice. Ducks will finish ahead of Avs/STL in all likelihood.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
What's the status of both Enstrom and Kuli? Thought I heard Kuli had surgery, then he didn't have surgery, then it was 8 weeks and then 4 weeks?

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Does anyone here actually want us to finish 1st in the central?
Not only do I want to finish 1st in the Central, I want to win the Presidents' Trophy, followed by winning the Cup, of course! :)

standings.png

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
What's the status of both Enstrom and Kuli? Thought I heard Kuli had surgery, then he didn't have surgery, then it was 8 weeks and then 4 weeks?

Maurice said they were shutting Enstrom down for the rest of the season but he would be ready for game 1 of the playoffs.

Kulikov had originally opted for surgery but at the last minute chose a different treatment. Maurice gave a four week timeline on Mar 19 which would take him to April 16. Not sure if that's a return to play timeline or a beginning of conditioning rehab timeline.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Statistics for the team that wins the president's Trophy.

Top seeds are upset from time to time, but more often than not the top team in the regular season ends up at least reaching the NHL's final four, as these figures illustrate:
  • Stanley Cup Winners: 8
  • Lost Stanley Cup Final: 4
  • Lost Conference Finals: 5
  • Lost Second Round: 7
  • Lost First Round: 6

Whileee

May 29, 2010
- no practice......who needs practice?
- Wheeler Scheifele Lowry Morrissey Trouba Hellebuyck all return. Will a few different "regulars" sit this one out?
- does Roslovic stay in the lineup?
- does Niku get another game before returning to the Moose?
-we are still ahead of Vegas (by 1 point) and not mathematically eliminated from the Central crown yet, so getting two points would be a good thing
- Helle can tie Barrasso for most wins in a season by a US born goalie
I'd sit Perreault, and maybe Ehlers. Both have been somewhat off their game and I wonder if they might benefit from a few days off. Also, I'm ticked off at Perreault for offensive-zone penalties in three straight games.

I'd keep Roslovic in the line-up. Kid has been dynamite when he's had the opportunity, and deserves some more opportunities.

Reactions: Mud Turtle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad