GDT: Flames vs Jets @ Saddledome - 7:00pm

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I thought it trickled in… replay: top shelf!

C, man!11!!11!!!!!11

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hey, who loaded the pucks this period?

That last goal was about as bad of a sequence as the trivia games the fans were playing.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames finally decided to show up as soon as their Captain threw that hit btw. Good to see.

Markstrom's head just not in this one. I would put Wolf in to start the third.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Markstrom needs a beer and a couple darts. Kipper style. I'm half kidding. C'mon Markie, get your zone on.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Jeff Goldblum in the stands behind the ACH kid? Neat!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Is it fair to describe Huska’s system as “the slot machine”? It seems the system is designed to funnel the puck towards the slot for scrums and high danger chances.

Reactions: deleted user

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Love Hunt jumping in on Stanley there :laugh:

Is it fair to describe Huska’s system as “the slot machine”? It seems the system is designed to funnel the puck towards the slot for scrums and high danger chances.

He changed the defensive system to zone from man on man. Small sample obviously but so far the forwards are playing much closer together than they did under Darryl. Less dump and chase as well, more top of the slot movement play than the bang down low, get it back to the point and fire one high and hard in there as well.

Sutter's systems were actually pretty good, mostly because they were extremely simple and if you put the fear of god into your players they can execute it reliably. But it didn't create much confusion and misdirection, which I think with how good goalies and defenseman are these days are needed in the NHL.

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Under the weather and fell asleep in the first intermission, sounds like I'm missing a fun one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad