GDT: Flames vs Flyers | 7PM MST, SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Can tell it's been a fun start to the season when I realize there is a game tonight and it makes me sigh. That and I'm thankful I got more beer yesterday.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Every time these two teams matchup my brother who's a life long Flyers fan and I have a lunch bet. I think I've won the last few, and I'd like to win another free lunch.
Go Flames Go.

2-0 Flames in a low scoring affair is my guess.
Unfortunately I'm on night shift and will miss it, but I'll listen to it streaming on my iphone.

Reactions: Flamesfan62

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm extremely pessimistic about tonight's game. The Flames are scoring an average of 2.33 gpg. Not going to win a lot of games with that kind of scoring punch. Time for a lineup shakeup. The status quo isn't working an hasn't for some time now.. going back to the last month of last season and the playoffs too. Time to move Lindholm to center on the second line and Backlund to center on the 3rd line in order to get a more balanced attack.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
76571EA8-0678-42AD-B9E3-05BE8279973D.jpeg

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The above line combinations don't inspire a lot of confidence in me. Been there, done that. Its not working this season and wasn't late last season either.

Our failure to address our RW issues in the offseason is really biting us now. Bennett was our best hope and he floundered there. Have to hope Frolik or Mangi can get it going.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Our failure to address our RW issues in the offseason is really biting us now. Bennett was our best hope and he floundered there. Have to hope Frolik or Mangi can get it going.

Doubt it. But we'll see. Not much to be done at this point.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I'm curious to see how Jankowski responds to his healthy scratch. Hopefully he and Benny have some jump because it's clear coaches have close to zero patience left for them.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
The odd thing is Bennett at RW only worked with Monahan & Gaudreau, yet he hasn't been put back in that role. While I'm all for a meritocracy, maybe just put him back there to see if it works?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The odd thing is Bennett at RW only worked with Monahan & Gaudreau, yet he hasn't been put back in that role. While I'm all for a meritocracy, maybe just put him back there to see if it works?
Gaudreau - Monahan - Bennett
Tkachuk - Backlund - Lindholm
Lucic - Ryan - Frolik
Czarnik - Jankowski - Mangiapane

or

Gaudreau - Monahan - Bennett
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Frolik
Czarnik - Backlund - Mangiapane
Lucic - Ryan - Jankowski

I think that second option gives us more depth overall.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Go Flames!

I believe tonight is the turn around game. The Flames start off slow in the first but hulk smash to a 4-3 win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad