GDT: Flames @ Vegas, Tuesday December 12 8:00 PM

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Regardless of Wolf getting lit up for awhile w shooting gallery A1 chances, I don't really think his confidence will decrease. Kid is the goods. He knows it too. I haven't been this excited for a tendie since Kiprusoff came out of left field (somewhat considering the atrocious year he was having and losing the backup role to Toskala).

And I was only excited then after he transformed into prime Hasek/Roy/Brodeur after we traded a 2nd for him (Vlasic Pickles).

Wolf we all hoped would keep showing us his crazy talent despite just being a 7th rounder as a relative midget weighing 12 lbs soaking wet.

He's ready to be a backup imo. Hell I think he could be a starter , but that's a lot of hockey and a lot of goals against to throw at him at 22 (despite me thinking he could handle it) and the Flames will want him to learn under Marky for awhile.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Regardless of Wolf getting lit up for awhile w shooting gallery A1 chances, I don't really think his confidence will decrease. Kid is the goods. He knows it too. I haven't been this excited for a tendie since Kiprusoff came out of left field (somewhat considering the atrocious year he was having and losing the backup role to Toskala).

And I was only excited then after he transformed into prime Hasek/Roy/Brodeur after we traded a 2nd for him (Vlasic Pickles).

Wolf we all hoped would keep showing us his crazy talent despite just being a 7th rounder as a relative midget weighing 12 lbs soaking wet.

He's ready to be a backup imo. Hell I think he could be a starter , but that's a lot of hockey and a lot of goals against to throw at him at 22 (despite me thinking he could handle it) and the Flames will want him to learn under Marky for awhile.

I'll vocalize my one hope, and it's that somehow his size can be upped a little - slight legal equipment modifications, a high protein regime. As much as he seems always ready to compete, is focused and in position, just really hope being on the small side doesn't hold him back from being elite at this level.

Reactions: Boomstick

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Absolutely. I would have him and Marky split starts like 45-35 next season. Although there's quite a few contenders that may be looking for a goalie at the deadline this year, it'd be tempting if they offered something good for Markstrom.

I've watched a lot of Wolf and I'm convinced. I would rather the team let him have his own personal goalie coach than Sigalet or Labarbera tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad