Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Oliver Kylington to ELC

Aug 3, 2010
Congratulations to the kid. Like that the Flames are showing some "faith" in him despite dropping to 60th overall in draft position, but to be honest... I didn't see this signing happening so quickly. Really though he wouldn't see a contract offer until next year at the earliest, but I'm cautiously optimistic that this is a good move for Calgary and for Kylington.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Excellent.

Think Kylington would be better off playing 30 or so minutes a game in all situations with the Wheatkings than the limited ice time and healthy scratches he'd get in Stockton.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I LOVED that Loob said with 100% confidence that he's going to play and make an impact. That's a pretty huge endorsement, he also said that he should be moved to NA so I think this signing means it's very likely that he's coming over.

LetsGoFlames

Drop the puck!
Dec 18, 2011
Weyburn, Sk
I think he'd be best served by at least 1 year in the WHL with a very good Wheat Kings team. But until I hear that AIK has agreed to release him and take the money, I am forced to think he's here for camp and then going back for at least 1 year. Either way, I'm very excited by this prospect. He's clearly a boom or bust type prospect, but if he booms....he could REALLY boom and become the steal of the 2015 draft.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think he'd be best served by at least 1 year in the WHL with a very good Wheat Kings team. But until I hear that AIK has agreed to release him and take the money, I am forced to think he's here for camp and then going back for at least 1 year. Either way, I'm very excited by this prospect. He's clearly a boom or bust type prospect, but if he booms....he could REALLY boom and become the steal of the 2015 draft.
They get the money if they let him come to North America or not.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I didn't know that. Thanks. :)
I didn't until a few days ago. :laugh: From my understanding the fee is for the Flames signing him to a contract, as it gives them control since he could technically make the Flames, they also get him for the prospect tourney & training camp.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He could play in the SHL. He can play in the AHL. The ECHL is a worse level than Allsvenskan where AIK will play next season.

Kylington is a guy that could have a "miracle training camp" and even make the big team, he has that ability. He won't stick for very long though. I don't really see the point in him moving from Allsvenskan, that league has developed by far the best prospects in Sweden the last few years. The game in the SHL is just too structured for young offensive players.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He could play in the SHL. He can play in the AHL. The ECHL is a worse level than Allsvenskan where AIK will play next season.

Kylington is a guy that could have a "miracle training camp" and even make the big team, he has that ability. He won't stick for very long though. I don't really see the point in him moving from Allsvenskan, that league has developed by far the best prospects in Sweden the last few years. The game in the SHL is just too structured for young offensive players.
Id Kylington plays in the ECHL it's not due to the level of competition, it's to have control over his development. How much he plays, in what situations, have him work on specific things... etc.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Teams in the SEL are playing to win a championship. The issue this year was that Kylington was not playing enough because of the holes in his defensive game, so he was even being sat at times so his team wouldn't lose. That's not a good situation for the development of a young player.

When he was moved down he played well, but then he got hurt. These were the reasons his stock fell so much, but you cannot deny his talent that he possesses which truly is elite.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
This guy will be the steal of the draft. I really have no doubt in my mind and a ton of GM's will be kicking themselves when he pans out.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Listening to what Treliving said on the Fan960, I got the impression that hes probably going back to Sweden with a slight chance that he goes to the AHL. Never thought the CHL was an option and Trevliving really didnt sound like it was either. Sounds like the goal was to make sure hes at Penticton and training camp to see where he is at and give him a list of things he needs to work on.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
watching Nolan Patrick live should be enough of a reason

Wheaties are gonna be insanely good next year... especially if Provorov is back. if Kylington is sent there too, it will be a ridiculously good team to watch. Treliving will definitely consider sending Kylington to Brandon if the opportunity arises because Brandon is the favorite to win the WHL title next year and go all the way to Memorial cup. It will be a great opportunity for Kylington and definitely be good for his development

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Cant believe you guys got him 60th overall. Good luck to him and Calgary. I think he will be an NHL player at the end of this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad