Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Oliver Kylington to ELC

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Nice! But does this really mean he's definitely coming over?
Nope. He is under contract to AIK, so for him to go to WHL or AHL he would have to be released by AIK. But if they waited long enough the 300k(ish) they receive per the transfer agreement may be convincing enough

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Darren Haynes ‏@DarrenWHaynes 15s15 seconds ago
#Flames announce Oliver Kylington has signed his entry level contract. This paves the way for him to play in AHL if that route is preferred.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well, we can confirm that they think really highly of this kid.
That was obvious since they traded up to grab him.

The reason he has been signed now is because AIK will now receive money (250k-325k, depending how many players from Sweden have signed) as per the NHL transfer agreement with Sweden. I think it is definitely a good sign that AIK may release him from his contract.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 3m3 minutes ago
FYI: Kylington can be signed by the #Flames as per an #NHL agreement with the #SHL.

If Kylington doesn't play in Calgary, his playing rights revert back to his Swedish team as their first option.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
FYI: Kylington can be signed by the #Flames as per an #NHL agreement with the #SHL.

If Kylington doesn't play in Calgary, his playing rights revert back to his Swedish team as their first option.
I have a feeling it has already been discussed and AIK will allow him to come to North America.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Where do you see him playing? I know you've mentioned ECHL before, but I think the CHL would be good for him too.

I think it's pretty clear it's Calgary or Sweden.

I'd love to see him in the CHL, but I don't think it's happening.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Where do you see him playing? I know you've mentioned ECHL before, but I think the CHL would be good for him too.
I think it depends on the health of our blueline and if we sign anyone else. If Smid is indeed out and we don't sign anyone else, I think it will be Stockton. If Smid is healthy or we sign/acquire anyone else then I think it will be Brandon.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
CHL might be good for him, get top minutes and just learn to play simple defense. The AHL would be good for him too, I'm just worried his defense isn't AHL level yet even.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
CHL might be good for him, get top minutes and just learn to play simple defense. The AHL would be good for him too, I'm just worried his defense isn't AHL level yet even.
His defense may not be, but you can send him from the AHL to the CHL, but not vice versa. I say give him a few games in the AHL and see how he does, if he struggles send him to Brandon.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
His defense may not be, but you can send him from the AHL to the CHL, but not vice versa. I say give him a few games in the AHL and see how he does, if he struggles send him to Brandon.

I could see him reject going to the CHL. He loses a lot of money that way. My bet would be tierh AHL or if he can't handle it yet, then ECHL first. That way he still gets pro money.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I could see him reject going to the CHL. He loses a lot of money that way. My bet would be tierh AHL or if he can't handle it yet, then ECHL first. That way he still gets pro money.
I read on CP that the big advantage to signing him now is that he can attend the Penticton tourney and training camp. They figure after that he will go back to AIK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad