Confirmed with Link: Flames sign G Cam Talbot 1 yr. 2.75M

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Decent. Fundamentally I think he's a good goalie. Mental might be a little shaky but you're not going to find many backups where that's not the case. Hopefully he can find his 2016-17 form again, he carried the Oilers pretty hard that year along with McDavid and Draisaitl.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I don’t really like this. At least with smith he would steal the odd game and play terrible in the rest. Talbot was bad all over the place last year but regardless, hopefully rittich shows he’s capable of what he did last year and more.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
If the Flames win the cup this year it will be because of this signing. If they don't it'll be because of this signing. Nothing else can explain it.

Is that a dorito in my drawer? IT IS, SCORE! nom nom nom

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

seguino

Jan 7, 2013
Van
Came to see what you guys thought of this signing. IMO, Talbot is money (obv not last season)
If he gets back some confidence, you guys will love him. BOA will be more interesting now lol.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Came to see what you guys thought of this signing. IMO, Talbot is money (obv not last season)
If he gets back some confidence, you guys will love him. BOA will be more interesting now lol.

I think it was about as good as we could do considering our cap situation and Rittich being given the chance to be the top guy.

He seems at worst as good an option as was out there for the sub 3 million dollar price point.

Reactions: seguino

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
This will change things for rittich and I’m interested to see. It’s a lot different when you were told you’re the guy. Last year smith was and then he took the net. The pressure is different when it’s your net.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
wow, if that's true, that's kind of wild.... had a bit more security on the table, but chose the chance to possibly supplant Rittich was quite a gamble on his part....
He probably should have taken the extra year tbh

seguino

Jan 7, 2013
Van
I think it was about as good as we could do considering our cap situation and Rittich being given the chance to be the top guy.

He seems at worst as good an option as was out there for the sub 3 million dollar price point.
Talbot, IMO, is still a 1B goalie. hope he plays well except against us lol. Good community and family dude.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Smith to Oilers, Talbot to flames. What a tender bender.

Well the Flames be dealing with a Cameo to the Oilers' Smithsonian? Let's watch the 2020 season to find out!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Maybe it's a different Doug. A reference to the Oilers 39... which means it's A Weight off his shoulders.

*shows self out*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad