Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Danny Taylor

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Why the sigh? Isn't it something they had to do with Kipper down for a few days?

Was more sighing at the fact that Kip is out for a few days. But yeah you are right. This thread should also be lumped in with Gleninator's lol.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Sigh? Really, what the hell else were they supposed to do? Be glad they didn't make a dumb trade.

Edit: Saw your clarification. Oh well.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Good to see that sanity prevails and the Flames don't waste assets bringing in a another goaltender.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Interesting. I wonder why Taylor > Brust?

Anyone with any idea?

Taylor seems to play a more conventional style of goaltending.
Burst is aggressive, and I remember some other thread where people questioned his style in the NHL.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Im a feaster fan but that was just bizarre, there had to be more to this

The sad thing is I don't think there is a back story. There's nothing that makes sense anyway. The only thing that would make sense (And it's a long shot) is the use of waivers to test the trade market for one or both of the goalies. E-mail would have been better but GMs must enjoy living on the edge.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Anyone with any idea?

To be honest I think it is a reward for what he did last year. He saved the Heat when Irving got called up, I think this is most likely a agreement that Feaster had with Taylor much like he did with Kolanos. If Taylor had a good attitude and did well he would be given the next shot and he has been.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Anyone with any idea?
Danny has earned this. He has been lights out since he signed in Abbotsford.

59 Games with the Heat. 30-19-4 record, 2.02GAA, .928SV%, 7SO

Brust is also a lot more scrambley in his crease and is more prone to take stupid penalties. I love what Brust has done for us this year but Danny without a doubt has earned this.

I am wondering what this means for Abbotsford tonight, they play against Rochester again with Brust starting, but who will they get in time to be the backup? Or will Danny stay until after the game tonight? Seems like a late night for him if that happens.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Danny has earned this. He has been lights out since he signed in Abbotsford.

59 Games with the Heat. 30-19-4 record, 2.02GAA, .928SV%, 7SO

Brust is also a lot more scrambley in his crease and is more prone to take stupid penalties. I love what Brust has done for us this year but Danny without a doubt has earned this.

I am wondering what this means for Abbotsford tonight, they play against Rochester again with Brust starting, but who will they get in time to be the backup? Or will Danny stay until after the game tonight? Seems like a late night for him if that happens.
Abbotsford to Columbus would be a prohibitively long trip, even for a gate-opener job.

I'd imagine the Heat would call up someone from Utah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad