Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Daniil Miromanov to Two Year Extension ($1.25M AAV)

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Interview w this guy was a beauty. He's gonna win this franchise's fanbase over very quickly if his play is as good as his pr skills. Miro for mayor.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Sounds like he's been in NA long enough to speak very good English but not long enough to become an interview robot. Seems like a smart guy, hope he can put things together on ice as well. If he fails it won't be for lack of opportunity for sure.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Sounds like he's been in NA long enough to speak very good English but not long enough to become an interview robot. Seems like a smart guy, hope he can put things together on ice as well. If he fails it won't be for lack of opportunity for sure.
All of Miromanov, Okhotyuk and Grushnikov came to Canada at 15/16 to play in the CHL.

I haven't heard Okhotyuk yet, but Grushnikov's English is pretty solid too, but a few years behind as he's younger.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I predict he will be on our top pairing by next year. Even after reconstructive knee surgery he is doing all the little things right.

Playing ~19 minutes a night. Seems bigger than his listed 6'4" (by an inch or two, IMO) and heavier than his listed 207 lbs.

Strong in our zone, good first pass to clear the zone, picks his spots for a rush, pinches at the right times, and gets back in time.

Also has a heck of a shot.

Doesn't hit much though, if at all.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I predict he will be on our top pairing by next year. Even after reconstructive knee surgery he is doing all the little things right.

Playing ~19 minutes a night. Seems bigger than his listed 6'4" (by an inch or two, IMO) and heavier than his listed 207 lbs.

Strong in our zone, good first pass to clear the zone, picks his spots for a rush, pinches at the right times, and gets back in time.

Also has a heck of a shot.

Doesn't hit much though, if at all.
Mikkelsson talking about her recovery from the same injury was interesting because she said that in her recovery at this point in time the explosiveness is yet to come. So we can expect to see even more out of his skating.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Mikkelsson talking about her recovery from the same injury was interesting because she said that in her recovery at this point in time the explosiveness is yet to come. So we can expect to see even more out of his skating.
Maybe? Pretty anecdotal when recovery is nonlinear and unpredictable.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's extremely common for that injury, we heard the same thing when we added Stone from the Coyotes, it can take like a year for skating 6-12 months to return to normal once they return.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Yea there’s nothing anecdotal this, it’s pretty standard for there being a large difference between “healthy” and 100%, and the time to get to 100% is long and arduous. We definitely haven’t seen the most out of his skating yet.

Also, used to love this site for learning about players on other teams that I can’t get viewings for. How this entire site was just dumping about this return and how much of a nothing Miromanov is a pretty telling at the quality lately, this guy was just talked about being a nothing player but he’s just stepped in and handled 20 minutes a night extremely well. How did nobody actually knowledgeable on the player step up for a summary, and how did so many people confidently proclaim things about him who were apparently clueless.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Yea there’s nothing anecdotal this, it’s pretty standard for there being a large difference between “healthy” and 100%, and the time to get to 100% is long and arduous. We definitely haven’t seen the most out of his skating yet.

Also, used to love this site for learning about players on other teams that I can’t get viewings for. How this entire site was just dumping about this return and how much of a nothing Miromanov is a pretty telling at the quality lately, this guy was just talked about being a nothing player but he’s just stepped in and handled 20 minutes a night extremely well. How did nobody actually knowledgeable on the player step up for a summary, and how did so many people confidently proclaim things about him who were apparently clueless.
This is quite literally the definition of “anecdotal”.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
In my limited viewings of him, he activates even more than Kylington does, which is already a lot. Sometimes he looks like a 3rd winger out there. But forward instincts never leave a guy regardless of a positional change. Worst thing we can do is try to coach that out of him.

Best case is we sign Brodie/Tanev or another veteran stay-at-home guy to let him play his game. Vancouver did the right thing letting Tanev babysit rookie Hughes and it allowed Hughes to grow into a superb dman. We need to do that for him

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
This is quite literally the definition of “anecdotal”.
Anecdotal is referencing specific instances as evidence for an argument (I.e. “my friend did this so”, or “I once heard a story about…”). Empirical evidence is using established trends, timelines, or data sets for arguements. If you’re going to call someone out you should know this. There is plenty of research going into this if you’d like to look. Being cleared to play is no where near the end of the line in the rehabilitation process.

• Haha
Reactions: User1996

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Anecdotal is referencing specific instances as evidence for an argument (I.e. “my friend did this so”, or “I once heard a story about…”). Empirical evidence is using established trends, timelines, or data sets for arguements. If you’re going to call someone out you should know this.
You must be kidding. For starters, you called me out. Further, Mikkelson talking about her “specific instance” of recovery is “based on personal account”, hence an anecdote. Referencing her specific instance as evidence to support or prove an argument is exactly anecdotal.

If you’re going to call someone out you should be sure your argument has at least a little basis in truth.
There is plenty of research going into this if you’d like to look. Being cleared to play is no where near the end of the line in the rehabilitation process.
You’re right, and I never said it was. But assuming a return to 100%, and the exact same outcomes post-rehabilitation from case to case is a mistake (and anecdotal if you use one instance to argue for another).

Last edited:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Miromanov will be fine and I can see him displacing Andersson on the top pairing.

If he doesn't, I can see Weegar displacing Andersson. Flames have depth on the left side and could use Andersson as a trade chip this summer.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Miromanov will be fine and I can see him displacing Andersson on the top pairing.

If he doesn't, I can see Weegar displacing Andersson. Flames have depth on the left side and could use Andersson as a trade chip this summer.
1. Suggesting Miromanov can displace Andersson after just a few games is asinine.
2. Weegar and Andersson are close to equal... and while Weegar prefers LD, they are both RHS defensemen.

Trading Andersson this summer would be downright f***ing stupid.

Reactions: SlovakFlame

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Miromanov played almost 23 mins lastnight. He'll likely be a regular on the 2nd pair for the next couple years, bumping Pachal down to the 3rd pair - where he's better suited.
I just don't know if we want Kyling/Miro together....they're too similar

This is a pretty arrogant post.....

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
1. Suggesting Miromanov can displace Andersson after just a few games is asinine.
2. Weegar and Andersson are close to equal... and while Weegar prefers LD, they are both RHS defensemen.

Trading Andersson this summer would be downright f***ing stupid.
My. You impute a future possibility as a direction and immediate suggestion. That is what is asinine.

Also, while I am not necessarily on any sort of trade Andersson band wagon, I do believe in succession plans and am cognizant of certain, shall we say flaws, of a player that might cause the team to want to trade him should something better come along.

Defining something better can be anything from size to skating to skillset to hockey IQ to how much of the budget he does or will chew up.

And, as you have said Weegar and Andersson are just about on par as players, i.e. very good. With a strong pipeline of left shot left defence players developing and looking for advancement (verses right shot right defence players) looking to a future where one of Weegar and Andersson will not be here is probable.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My. You impute a future possibility as a direction and immediate suggestion. That is what is asinine.

Also, while I am not necessarily on any sort of trade Andersson band wagon, I do believe in succession plans and am cognizant of certain, shall we say flaws, of a player that might cause the team to want to trade him should something better come along.

Defining something better can be anything from size to skating to skillset to hockey IQ to how much of the budget he does or will chew up.

And, as you have said Weegar and Andersson are just about on par as players, i.e. very good. With a strong pipeline of left shot left defence players developing and looking for advancement (verses right shot right defence players) looking to a future where one of Weegar and Andersson will not be here is probable.
You can write a 100 page essay if you want. It doesn't make your post any less terrible.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
With a strong pipeline of left shot left defence players developing and looking for advancement (verses right shot right defence players) looking to a future where one of Weegar and Andersson will not be here is probable.
?

Because the Flames have a ton of LHS defencemen in the pipeline, they're gonna move a RHS defencemen????

Hate to keep saying this but fans should recognize that
a) The Flames moved zero (0) players under contract for next year
b) Of the impending UFA's they did move, they tried hard to sign several of them (Hanifin, Tanev, Lindholm)
C) They've repeatedly said they're not gonna do a full tear down

So it like a really really safe bet at the moment to say the only way Andersson or Weegar (or Backlund or Coleman or Kadri, etc) are traded in the near future is if they ask to be traded. Or if a little over a year from now Andersson indicates he's not willing to re-sign.

Reactions: IharRB

Khrox

May 31, 2018
No way Ras or Weegs get moved for a hot minute. Weegs has been vocal about wanting to be a key part of leadership here for his contract. Ras has openly talked in the offseason about wanting to stay here.

Both are near equal, BUT they do have different strengths. If they both WANT to stay here (and that's more than a "I want to stay here because they offered me more than free market value" type thing), I'd rather keep them.

Reactions: Mobiandi

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Both would be key players on any team in the league. But it is this fact that could make it possible that another team offers something crazy to move them.
I'm not saying they should actively shop them, but if the right offer comes around, they'd be stupid not to take it. And I'm talking strictly futures here - nothing lateral.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
?

Because the Flames have a ton of LHS defencemen in the pipeline, they're gonna move a RHS defencemen????

Hate to keep saying this but fans should recognize that
a) The Flames moved zero (0) players under contract for next year
b) Of the impending UFA's they did move, they tried hard to sign several of them (Hanifin, Tanev, Lindholm)
C) They've repeatedly said they're not gonna do a full tear down

So it like a really really safe bet at the moment to say the only way Andersson or Weegar (or Backlund or Coleman or Kadri, etc) are traded in the near future is if they ask to be traded. Or if a little over a year from now Andersson indicates he's not willing to re-sign.
It is logical if you can replace that RD with a right shot guy currently playing LD.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00