Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Daniil Miromanov to Two Year Extension ($1.25M AAV)

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
IMG_0080.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hasn’t been waived. Welcome to Calgary’s top 6. Four of you are castoffs, should be a fun bonding thing

• Love
Reactions: joescores

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
His name isn't Oesterle, which means he's an absolute saviour.
unfortunately he's going to play with Gilbert or Oesterle

nevermind, forgot about Hanley

I suspect we see

Weegar - Andersson
Kylington - Pachal
Hanley - Miromanov

it's also interesting to note that Pachal, Hanley & Miro are all under contract for next season. So we'll have a handful of depth guys to push guys like Solo for spots next season.

Reactions: Kahvi and joescores

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Seems a little expensive for a guy with 29 NHL games, but that’s very nitpicky. We have all the cap in the world to overpay by a few hundred thousand.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Seems a little expensive for a guy with 29 NHL games, but that’s very nitpicky. We have all the cap in the world to overpay by a few hundred thousand.
I guess they are taking a chance on him. Really good AHL numbers, maybe Lunatik could allude here.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I guess they are taking a chance on him. Really good AHL numbers, maybe Lunatik could allude here.
Nope. When I'm watching the Wranglers I don't pay a ton of attention to the opposition.

But scouting reports say good skater, good offensive instincts, not great in his own zone... but is a converted defeseman. I don't know when he was converted, but that means he's at least a few years behind in learning the defensive side of the position and should have to grow.

Maybe tonight when I can't sleep I will check out some of the Henderson games he played in while rehabbing his injury.

Reactions: joescores

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Turned on the Feb 3 Silver Knights game to watch Miro

and holy f*** the Silver Knights put on the same type of pageantry as the big club

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Feb 3 Miro watch in AHL

He had a poor clear that led to a GA
On the PP he plays the high-man and set up the shooter for a one-time goal.

Other than those two plays, the game was relatively low event for him. He does skate well, he doesn't avoid physical play, looks like he's thinking before he reacts defensively, he's more fluid and natural in the offensive zone or with the puck on his stick

This was also just game 5 on the season after a season long injury

Reactions: Tofveve and Felidae

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
His 2021-22 AHL season as a 24 year old was pretty good. He was 10th in scoring for defenseman. But everyone except 1 player was ahead of him in games played around the 60-70 mark while he played 53 games. Among U25 players, it pushes him to 6th in scoring and 3rd in PPG.

Seemed he continued that production the next year but was cut off due to injuries. This year he was off to a hot start as well. 6 points in 5 games.

Of course it's never a gaurentee that AHL production translates (see Matthew phillips) but he has promise.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Waking up today with a hangover and the realization this was a main piece in the Hanifin trade....:thumbd:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Between Kylington, Weegar, Andersson, and Miromanov, it sounds like we have 4 #1Ds. Rebuilding is easy

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I'm disappointed he stopped at "Best Dman in the NHL"

I want the best period!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes