Player Discussion Blake "Pickles" Coleman

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
The guy was low key Tampa’s 3rd most productive forward at even strength, and played at a 30 goal pace the year prior on New Jersey of all teams. All this and the fans who watched him praise his defensive game and work ethic above everything else. Think he has potential to be a fan favourite here next year.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Honestly he is like a faster Mangiapane. But we’ve seen people like this start sucking right away.

Treliving forgets you are supposed to pay for future production. Not past production.

He doesn't quite have Mangiapane's scoring touch or offensive instincts IMO, but he is stronger on the puck and better defensively. But yeah they are fairly comparable aside from that. I'm telling you, he's a John Madden / Mangiapane hybrid.

I expect him to quickly become a fan favorite.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Great player, bad contract. 4x4 would of been perfect for him. Hopefully he can get back to a 20 goal a year level here.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Coleman is a stud that fits Sutter's philosophies to a T.

The AAV is more than fine, but we overpaid in term to bring him in. Unfortunately that's how it works.

We now have four extremely strong play drivers in Tkachuk, Coleman, Mangiapane, and Backlund to help shape the top nine nicely. We have added size, speed, and physicality to an otherwise boring roster with Zadorov, Pitlick and Coleman.

I have liked our offseason.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
The fact that he wanted a no trade clause is kind of encouraging. Means he wants to be here imo

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The fact that he wanted a no trade clause is kind of encouraging. Means he wants to be here imo

There was a rumor on CP over the weekend. A poster who had spoken to a family member of a Flames player said that Coleman had been calling guys on the team to ask about the city. I guess he liked what he heard.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad