Player Discussion Blake "Pickles" Coleman

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Why tf are you guys upset with this? This is a steal for Coleman and I’d rather pay him this contract than Goodrow at 3.6 mil x 6 years like my team did. Coleman fits Calgary perfectly

Reactions: Mitts and ultra63

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Here's the upside on a move like this:

Pushing the chips in must mean a Gaudreau extension is close. If not, what's the point of this contract

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Why tf are you guys upset with this? This is a steal for Coleman and I’d rather pay him this contract than Goodrow at 3.6 mil x 6 years like my team did. Coleman fits Calgary perfectly

I wouldn't mind this if our team wasn't so goddamn hot and cold all the time. I'm not so sure Coleman puts us over the edge.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

We're rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Reactions: Dack

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The AAV is generally fine in the grand scheme of things, it’s the 6 years thats gonna hurt us.

Reactions: Dack

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
As a Devils fan I can tell you that Coleman is a solid player (though I recall being upset about us drafting him in the third round when I badly wanted Gaudreau after watching him live a few times in the USHL).

He can play up and down your lineup and in all situations with a high compete level. He's got a pretty heavy shot too, especially on the backhand, and is a very strong skater. He's like a John Madden / Mangiapane hybrid.

That said it is shocking to see Treliving doubling/tripling down on what seems to be a win-now strategy.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I wouldn't mind this if our team wasn't so goddamn hot and cold all the time. I'm not so sure Coleman puts us over the edge.
Call me crazy but I think he does. I like Calgary going into this season. Not as a cup winning team but I can see you guys surprise in the playoffs
The AAV is generally fine in the grand scheme of things, it’s the 6 years thats gonna hurt us.
If anything the last year or two will be bad, he’ll still probably be a solid player then too. Absolute warrior and great defensively, his game should age well considering he made the league late
We're rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
Coleman feels like a refreshing move for you guys honestly. Cup winner, warrior of a player. Would fit well with the core Calgary has built with guys like Mangiapane, Dube, Backlund, Tkachuk, etc. Tampa had a lot of similar players to those on their team

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I do really like Coleman, but what is that contract? And Zadorov made 3.2 last year? Sheesh. Neither put us over the top and eating up large chunks of money.

Gotta be something coming to drop some salary and add a legitimate player. Hopefully

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I do really like Coleman, but what is that contract? And Zadorov made 3.2 last year? Sheesh. Neither put us over the top and eating up large chunks of money.

Gotta be something coming to drop some salary and add a legitimate player. Hopefully

I do think Nikita Zadorov will have a career season this year.
Not in terms of points, but in terms of being a tunnel of doom player. This is Sutter's guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad