GDT: Flames season opener! San Jose Sharks @ Calgary Flames, 4:00PM on SNET-W and Fan 960

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Gota have sarich in this game after that hit :laugh: I hope Brodie sitting doesn't become a trend.. I rather have him develop in the A if thats the case. Also as many of you have pointed out im real exited about that second line! i hope they click

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm predicting a Flames win! Don't get that Brodie isn't playing either. He has young legs and is one of the few guys that's already been playing this season.

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!! :yo:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm more bothered that he would be replacing Smith. If anyone was shaky enough to lose their spot last season, my pick would be on Butler.

I am a Butler defender, but Brodie and Smith were very sheltered last year and Butler played against top lines if it was reversed you would think that Smith and Brodie were the worse ones. If Butler was given the same ice time and lower lines he would look just as effective as the other 2.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
I'm predicting a Flames win! Don't get that Brodie isn't playing either. He has young legs and is one of the few guys that's already been playing this season.

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!! :yo:
Probably the big boys in SJ. Hartley wants a more physical game

GernBlanston

May 20, 2011
Smyrna, GA
Looking forward to getting to know the Flames this year. Timing is perfect! This game should start just about the same time as the Falcons / 49ers game ends (GO FALCONS!!).

It really will be a lot of fun getting to know a team from scratch. Well, technically, I know one of the Flames... and to be honest, it's gonna take a while before I can actually root for JBo again... but aside from that... I'm in!

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I am a Butler defender, but Brodie and Smith were very sheltered last year and Butler played against top lines if it was reversed you would think that Smith and Brodie were the worse ones. If Butler was given the same ice time and lower lines he would look just as effective as the other 2.

Maybe. I'd like to see them try it first. Maybe Brodie or Smith flourish in that roll.

Game time is taking forever. I'm pissed that the Flames didn't play last night, but at I get to see them again tomorrow. I missed hockey.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Maybe. I'd like to see them try it first. Maybe Brodie or Smith flourish in that roll.

Game time is taking forever. I'm pissed that the Flames didn't play last night, but at I get to see them again tomorrow. I missed hockey.

I think there is a reason that we saw Smith's ice time drop significantly once our d core was healthy, he is a good passer but isn't great defensively and needs those sheltered minutes Brodie might stand a better chance as he has a better hockey IQ imo but Smith would not do well with 20+ minutes a night for the year.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Brodie sitting is peculiar, but I don't doubt he'll draw back into the lineup soon enough.

'I can't believe it's not butter!' is awesome. :laugh:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'm curious as to why Brodie is sitting. Did he have a poor training camp or did Smith just outplay him? Doesn't really make much sense to sit him.

Otherwise, can't wait to see how the team does with a new coach and new style.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
wore my new TJ Brodie sweater to the outdoor rink today sucks that he won't draw in tonight with his playing in the ahl I thought he might get some bigger minutes in the first week

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I LOVE our fourth line. Comeau - Begin - Jackman could actually be quite the pairing.

4-2 Flames. Begin with a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad