Recalled/Assigned: Flames Recall Ferland AND Poirier

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
If were talking strictly 4th line I'll agree with you. For the top 9 I'd want Ferland.

No, I'm talking 3rd line. Ferland might be a better skater, but I like Wolf's overall game more. He can surprisingly create shots for himself in a completely different way. I only see his hockey IQ and skating improving going forward. And he seems like a much more character guy.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I love Wolf, but while they're both physical they're at different places right now. Wolf is physically more dominant, Ferland needs to continue to work on that. Ferland is a better skater and has more offensive upside.

I'm pretty pumped to see Emile! His speed is something else.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If Glencross gets traded, and Stajan/Byron are still out, I'd love to see the lines:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bouma - Backlund - Jones
Raymond - Colborne - Jooris
Ferland - Granlund - Poirier

Gives us the ability to roll out 4 lines.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If Glencross gets traded, and Stajan/Byron are still out, I'd love to see the lines:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bouma - Backlund - Jones
Raymond - Colborne - Jooris
Ferland - Granlund - Poirier

Gives us the ability to roll out 4 lines.

Assuming lines 2-4 get played equally I'd be good with that.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Very excited to see Emile play his first NHL game!

Thoughts and prayers are with Matt and Katie... They must be very nervous! Those two are going to be overwhelmed with love and joy when they spend their first moments with their new child! Very excited for them!

.... and good for Ferland

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Interesting. Wasn't expecting to see either Poirier or Ferland (again) this season.

I think a trade is eminent as well. Doesn't make much sense to call up two prospects just to have them sit in the pressbox for a while. Hopefully Poirier gets to play; he could definitely make things interesting.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Interesting. Wasn't expecting to see either Poirier or Ferland (again) this season.

I think a trade is eminent as well. Doesn't make much sense to call up two prospects just to have them sit in the pressbox for a while. Hopefully Poirier gets to play; he could definitely make things interesting.

As much as I want a trade to be imminent, it does still make sense to call up two prospects to have them sit in the pressbox, with the reason being that you need players around in case a projected starter isn't able to play. You don't just take 20 players with you on a road trip.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Very excited to see Emile play his first NHL game!

Thoughts and prayers are with Matt and Katie... They must be very nervous! Those two are going to be overwhelmed with love and joy when they spend their first moments with their new child! Very excited for them!

.... and good for Ferland
No guarantee he gets a game.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Man, Poirier can really grow a beard. I can't wait to see how that beard looks when we get far in the playoffs in the future :). Johnny will probably grow as much facial hair as Crosby does :laugh:.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
As much as I want a trade to be imminent, it does still make sense to call up two prospects to have them sit in the pressbox, with the reason being that you need players around in case a projected starter isn't able to play. You don't just take 20 players with you on a road trip.
With Adirondack so close for the next week, it's not a big deal. And without Ferland or Poirier, they'd still have 22 players (Bollig or a rookie + Potter as extras).

Addy doesn't play until the 27th anyway so give the prospects a look and see what happens.
That makes sense then. Stajan shouldn't be gone for more than a few days hopefully, so I suspect someone will be sent back pretty quickly.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
With Adirondack so close for the next week, it's not a big deal. And without Ferland or Poirier, they'd still have 22 players (Bollig or a rookie + Potter as extras).

Bollig is/was currently in the starting lineup. If they hadn't called up either player, there would've been no scratched forwards. Jooris was a scratch last game, but with Stajan out he'll be in the lineup.

It's not excusable in a playoff push if a guy rolls an ankle in warmup and you have to play a man short.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
12u4PcSetaTJDi.gif

interesting to see they're still interested in seeing what they have in Ferland. I'd have thought he was a lost cause for sure with the way his season's gone (and his previous lack of mental fortitude)

hrm, I thought Ferland looked like a future beast with his play in the NHL earlier this year.

excited to see him back, and obviously Poirier too.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
12u4PcSetaTJDi.gif

hrm, I thought Ferland looked like a future beast with his play in the NHL earlier this year.

excited to see him back, and obviously Poirier too.

I agree. I still think our organization has high hopes for him. Remember when he absolutely crushed Landeskog? The kid has a unique skill-set.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bollig is/was currently in the starting lineup. If they hadn't called up either player, there would've been no scratched forwards. Jooris was a scratch last game, but with Stajan out he'll be in the lineup.

It's not excusable in a playoff push if a guy rolls an ankle in warmup and you have to play a man short.
this x1000

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Poirier getting jacked.

Love it.

Doesn't look like either will go tonight... but I love that we have a bit more beef in our prospect pool than we originally imagined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad