Flames put one in their own net

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
Calgary Flame-out! Teams need to be more careful when there is a delayed call and mind that blue line. A few years ago, Patrice Bergeron barely saved a goal in that same situation.

The fact that this happens about once every two years suggests that they really dont, lol

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
... No that's pretty much why. Just look at all the Oiler threads on the main board this last month

It's exactly why, the Oilers are unprecedentedly bad. And it sucks knowing no matter how bad the Flames are, they can never get a top draft spot because the Oilers are just so much worse

Flames fans are obsessed with the Oilers, regardless of the standings.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
From the NHL rule book.

A goal shall be scored if the puck is put into the goal in any way by a player of the defending side. The player of the attacking side who last touched the puck shall be credited with the goal but no assist shall be awarded.

This leads me to another question. What if it's the opening faceoff, the Flames win it cleanly and then gaffed and score into their own net without a Canuck player ever touching the puck. Who then on the Canucks side gets credited with a goal? Is it the center?

I don't think a situation like the one I described has ever happened. But, odds of it ever happening are more than likely (maybe long after we're all dead).

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
you must be young. how long have you been watching hockey for?

I've been watching hockey since 1989 and I've never seen a play like that ever being reviewed (until last night). The poster was talking about a play like that being reviewed (actually, it was just the ref who thought it was reviewable) and not about the play.

I doubt anyone alive has ever witnessed a play like that ever being reviewed (until last night) because it's a non-reviewable goal. The ref should've known that and play should've just continued.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
What a lazy effort by Hudler. If he put in the effort he might have been able to save that goal.

This almost happened to the Bruins once, but Bergeron actually put in the effort to get there and he prevented the goal.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
This leads me to another question. What if it's the opening faceoff, the Flames win it cleanly and then gaffed and score into their own net without a Canuck player ever touching the puck. Who then on the Canucks side gets credited with a goal? Is it the center?

I don't think a situation like the one I described has ever happened. But, odds of it ever happening are more than likely (maybe long after we're all dead).
The person who took the faceoff gets the credit. That is a good question.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I'm pretty sure Stamkos "sniped" an identical goal during delayed penalty against the Sabres last season. I remember being pretty mad cause it was the go-ahead goal that pushed the game to overtime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad