Flames prospect Topi Ronni accused of rape charges in Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I’ll wait to see for more information before making any assumptions. It’s only under a investigation at the moment, which basically means nothing on it’s own.

A guy i know, hockey player coincidentally had consensual sex with a female on a cruise ship, they exchanged numbers but he didn’t contact her for a week afterwards so she made a police report of it, they eventually started texting and few weeks later he received a letter from the police that he was being accused of rape and that it was under a investigation. They’re still together to this day and that happened almost 10 years ago. Today the law makes it even easier to be falsely accused because getting remorse after hooking up with somebody and contacting the police is enough for police to open up a full-blown investigation.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

From the article that initially reported about this:

PELAAJAN edustaman seuran toimitusjohtaja kertoo kuulleensa tapauksesta viime päivinä.

Translation: "The CEO of the player's team said he heard about the case in the last few days".

People should know that before they throw the Flames organization under the bus. There's no way they could've found out about this.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I’ll wait to see for more information before making any assumptions. It’s only under a investigation at the moment, which basically means nothing on it’s own.

A guy i know, hockey player coincidentally had consensual sex with a female on a cruise ship, they exchanged numbers but he didn’t contact her for a week afterwards so she made a police report of it, they eventually started texting and few weeks later he received a letter from the police that he was being accused of rape and that it was under a investigation. They’re still together to this day and that happened almost 10 years ago. Today the law makes it even easier to be falsely accused because getting remorse after hooking up with somebody and contacting the police is enough for police to open up a full-blown investigation.
Am I the only one who thinks the most disturbing thing about this story is that your friend ended up in a relationship with this woman (who accused him of rape because he didn't call her for a week) and they've been together 10 years?? Is he afraid to end the r/ship in case she does it again, lol?? Sorry man but she sounds like the very definition of a bunny boiler.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
1697773845185.gif

How do you say ‘take a seat right there’ in Finnish?

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Am I the only one who thinks the most disturbing thing about this story is that your friend ended up in a relationship with this woman (who accused him of rape because he didn't call her for a week) and they've been together 10 years?? Is he afraid to end the r/ship in case she does it again, lol?? Sorry man but she sounds like the very definition of a bunny boiler.
Yeah, i don’t really get it either, you would think that would ruin all the trust and sweep away the foundation of the relationship rightaway :laugh:

Tbf he only started talking to her in the first place because we knew he gets stressed out super easily and it was something so out of character for him so we teased him about him getting her pregnant and filling his head with all kinds of horror scenarios.

Met her few times, and used to talk to her on socials quite a bit as well, kinda quirky but very likeable person. Would’ve never guessed her doing something that crazy based on my interactions with her.

Reactions: PlushMinus

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Yeah, i don’t really get it either, you would think that would ruin all the trust and sweep away the foundation of the relationship rightaway :laugh:

Tbf he only started talking to her in the first place because we knew he gets stressed out super easily and it was something so out of character for him so we teased him about him getting her pregnant and filling his head with all kinds of horror scenarios.

Met her few times, and used to talk to her on socials quite a bit as well, kinda quirky but very likeable person. Would’ve never guessed her doing something that crazy based on my interactions with her.
Fair enough. I probably came in a bit hot with my reply, lol.
Definitely would have been a red flag for me, but each to their own. As long as your friend is happy, all that matters.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Current laws are kinda pushing society(men) to a very strict traditionalist approach, Dagestan-style. You don't speak to women outside of your family, then, marry a daughter of your fathers friend whom you have never seen before. I am of course exaggarating but at least it is harder to accuse someone of rape when they are married.

Reactions: AndreRoy

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Fair enough. I probably came in a bit hot with my reply, lol.
Definitely would have been a red flag for me, but each to their own. As long as your friend is happy, all that matters.
I agree entirely, i’d think most people have dumbed people for far less. I sure have lol

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
This is what I'm wondering. Under The Youth Criminal Justice Act in Canada, his name would be banned from publication. Finland must have more transparency in their laws.
Names are not public until the police asks a judge to imprison someone during the investigation or when a court presses charges. This was not a serious enough crime to warrant being in prison before going to court. The names can be hidden only in rare cases.

Last edited:

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023

Posts like this make me think that every guy accused ever is guilty.

Just because of how ridiculously over the top people go with their stories about false rape accusations.

None of what you said makes any sense.

Current laws are kinda pushing society(men) to a very strict traditionalist approach, Dagestan-style. You don't speak to women outside of your family, then, marry a daughter of your fathers friend whom you have never seen before. I am of course exaggarating but at least it is harder to accuse someone of rape when they are married.
Seems like a win for women if guys with this attitude are so absolutely terrified of having any contact.

What exactly changed in the laws? What part of any of this is a problem?

Paper

Nov 4, 2009

Sure bro. Yeah, dude was dating his rape accuser. Very true story. Would read again.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden

What happened with the rape investigation?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

They're still together to this day? That's pretty pathetic on your friend's part.

Reactions: Doubledose

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
My Mom - ACLEVERNAME, why can't you find a nice girl and settle down finally? You're 34, I think it's time
*Me thinking back to old HF threads and thinking about approaching women unsolicited*
Me - lol, nah mom, I'm good.

New hockey season and MWIII in a month lmao:yo:

• Haha
Reactions: tarheelhockey

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Sure bro. Yeah, dude was dating his rape accuser. Very true story. Would read again.
You seriously think this doesn’t happen? It absolutely is a true story btw

It also happened just recently to a pro-footballer. Look up Mason Greenwood, man spent over a year behind bars over sexual abuse accusations and lost his wages due to it, he then got the accuser pregnant while on parole, was sent back behind bars for having contacted her during the parole, was free’d from all charges, got back with the accuser and is currently raising their first child together…
What happened with the rape investigation?
Obviously lead to nothing since the rape never happened so it was dropped after the preliminary investigation

Just because of how ridiculously over the top people go with their stories about false rape accusations.

What part of it doesn’t make sense? It’s literally what happened…

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Seems like a win for women if guys with this attitude are so absolutely terrified of having any contact.

What exactly changed in the laws? What part of any of this is a problem?
Atta boy. Counter an absurd statement with a more absurd statement

Reactions: deleted user

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Obviously lead to nothing since the rape never happened so it was dropped after the preliminary investigation

Your buddy should 100% file charges for false accusations against his......ehh girlfriend. And you as his friend should warn your buddy to stay very far away from any woman who lackadaisically reports people to the police for rape.

So your story is not one of "oh women lie about rape all the time" it is more one of "your friend met a shitty woman, but chose to still be with her".

You also put forth this story as some sort of "evidence" against believing women. Well, the investigation was luckily dropped. And, if your friend had any sense he would file a counter-claim. But he chose to be with the woman. So how offended can he be really? He doesn't seem to mind it at all. Maybe filing false claims like that is part of their foreplay?

So it is more evidence of really poor judgment and lack of self-respect on the mans part.

Or you know......your story is bogus.

Reactions: deleted user
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad