TSN: Flames Press Conference

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Basically he thought it was the best moves going forward for the Flames, which I think he was right about. He said Iginla gave four teams that he would accept a trade to, but after deal with Boston was done and Feaster talked to Iginlas agent he said no and broke the trade, forcing us to go with Pittsburgh.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Basically he thought it was the best moves going forward for the Flames, which I think he was right about. He said Iginla gave four teams that he would accept a trade to, but after deal with Boston was done and Feaster talked to Iginlas agent he said no and broke the trade, forcing us to go with Pittsburgh.

Damn, Iginla kinda ****ed us over but he had the NMC so he was within his rights I guess.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Damn, Iginla kinda ****ed us over but he had the NMC so he was within his rights I guess.

Yeah. As others mentioned at the time, Feaster apprently failed to get the list in writing - had he done so, Iginla wouldn't have been able to change his mind and break the trade with Boston.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
According to Feaster Iginla only wanted to be traded to one team, the Penguins. But as you say it was part of his contract.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If Iginla only wanted to be traded to the Pens but still gave a list of four teams, it sounds like he was doing Feaster a massive favour by allowing him to play teams against each to get a better return.

Something Feaster still failed to do.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If Iginla only wanted to be traded to the Pens but still gave a list of four teams, it sounds like he was doing Feaster a massive favour by allowing him to play teams against each to get a better return.

Something Feaster still failed to do.

Yea that's the way it sounded to me too.

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
This is what I expect from the Flames. They are going keep Burke as GM until the draft is over before they pick a GM. The reason is Burke is familiar with the scouting staff and knows the types of players the team has been scouting.

Basically what I would like to see if the Flames can trade for Malcom Subban. I think he will turn out to be a good future goalie. I would like to resign Cammy as we do not have an Iginla type role-model on the team and I think Cammy can help with the leadership role. I know Gio is our captain but it good to have more than one role model for the younger guys to look up to and learn the game. I do not want to be the Oilers getting young and younger and have no one to help mentor the young guys. We need to work on our defense Wideman has been good, but if a deal for a better one comes I would take it. Hopefully Burke or our new GM can look at some of the free agents on the market and dip into that market as a lot of the trades at the deadline teams picked up pending UFA. I know we are rebuilding but I do not want lots of prospects that are going to take years to make the NHL we need some NHL ready players. Hopefully we can find the right players to help us make a good playoff push next season. I also like the attitude of Burke that we will trade players as long as we do not get garbage in return.

Try to convince Kipper to be our goalie coach as Ramo wished he got to play with him so maybe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad