TSN: Flames Press Conference

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I just realized that Burke didn't mention goaltending as one of the holes in the line-up

I would agree too, I really don't see it as a hole. Ramo was very good before his injury, Berra is improving every day and Ortio has been a beast in the AHL.
-Which is what Demetric has been saying for months.

Last edited:

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
Burke Confirms he was offered a bad contract for picks/prospects...interesting.

No, he was trying to explain that he has the green light to use our cap space in anyway possible to make this team better which includes taking on a bad contract with picks or retaining salary in a deal.

He did not mention anything about being offereed any bad contracts but that he has let other teams know that we are willing to do so ... for a price

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
No, he was trying to explain that he has the green light to use our cap space in anyway possible to make this team better which includes taking on a bad contract with picks or retaining salary in a deal.

He did not mention anything about being offereed any bad contracts but that he has let other teams know that we are willing to do so ... for a price

On Fan960 in Calgary, Burke spoke about taking on salary and DID say that he is "pursuing two such scenarios". He said we'll have to see how it plays out.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

He was straight up asked if they had right after that question: "has a team offered you a trade like that?" His reply: "Yes".

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Can't forget Jon Gillies at Providence. Did well at the WJs and is doing well in the NCAA. He'll probably be our future starter :naughty:

I would say the he's at least 3 to 4 years away from being NHL ready, and realistically, there is no reason to rush him to that point as we have good if not great stop gaps. While I believe he is the future though, I was particularly unimpressed with his WJC. We can attribute that to not knowing his angles and what have you in international play, but at the end of the day, against the best talent his age group has to offer, he was mediocre, at best. I don't take anything away from what he has been doing in the NCAA, but that doesn't mean that everything he has done to this point in his hockey career has been great.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Apparently Burke and Fletcher spend all 2nd intermission talking. Heatley is rumored available for cap relief. I could see that trade being one of the 2 that Burke was talking about.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Apparently Burke and Fletcher spend all 2nd intermission talking. Heatley is rumored available for cap relief. I could see that trade being one of the 2 that Burke was talking about.

I would love to have a first or something. This now makes Cammy more expendable for his value, well for me at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad