Confirmed with Link: Flames Place Stone On Waivers For Buyout

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
That sucks he is a NHL level defenseman I am surprised we couldn’t have moved him for a late round pick or slightly cheaper contract.

I guess that means Brodie is staying since we don’t gave any extra NHL level RHD in the organization.

Hope Stone signs on somewhere and does well he is a good player.

If he stays injury-free and works hard on his transition quickness, skating in tight turns, shifting back and forth, etc. He has decent hockey IQ, puck skills in shooting, passing, handling, can man-handle opponents net-front and in corners decently. He has just lost a few steps on quickness, making plays in speed, durability and being healthy longer periods of time to provide steadiness and a positive pairing with somebody? Is he washed up? Hopefully not, for him as a person. Hope so from a Flames standpoint to justify the buy-out more so than just cap space desperation!

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Stone getting bought out?

HaOdbfE.gif

Technically, this is before the season starts. ;)
Wow, what does major shock look like?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Trade Centre. They were closed before buyout window closing, in order to send Stone there, and let "them" find a trade partner for the Flames. Thus, Tre chose the "desparate road", buying him out. Hee, hee, hee...
I'll punch myself and let the door hit me on the way out! Thanks.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
That sucks he is a NHL level defenseman I am surprised we couldn’t have moved him for a late round pick or slightly cheaper contract.

I guess that means Brodie is staying since we don’t gave any extra NHL level RHD in the organization.

Hope Stone signs on somewhere and does well he is a good player.

I can see WPG picking him up on the cheap. I guess possible if Laine &Connor contracts allow for any room and likely not until well into the season if: Stone is still available and not drinking too much beer in the dressing room at Billy Mosienko Arena in a "beer-league" role, and if Big Bad Buff is injury stricken again with the newer rhs D players not playing up to snuff, by December could see the Jets attempting to resurrect him! Home-town favor-flavor?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad