Confirmed with Link: Flames pickup G Joey MacDonald on waivers

Trae

Calgary
I am of the opinion that Irving has played great in Kiprusoff's absence and has proven to be a capable backup for the remainder of the season. It doesn't make sense for Irving to be traded when he was just on waivers a few weeks ago. Surely teams aren't interested now after 2 games of playing.

Maybe when Kipper was skating this morning, he didn't feel better and is now out longer?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
****.. If we hand Irving to someone else for scraps I will be pissed

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
2 options
1) This means we have 0 confidence in Taylor and he was just there to warm the bench

2) We have 0 confidence in Irving and his career with the Flames is over.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I could see a trade with Washington centered around Kipper going there and Marcus Johansson coming this way. He only has a goal in 9 games and is getting 14 minutes in ice time. Plus they have Forsberg, Kuznetsov and Wilson ready to step in next year or year after.

A few other pieces involved likely too.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
This does smell like a trade involving Kipper and it better be a serious overpayment because his value is obviously at an all time low. Johansson would be very nice as would Patrik Berglund of the Blues who are also in dire need of goaltending at the moment.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
This does smell like a trade involving Kipper and it better be a serious overpayment because his value is obviously at an all time low. Johansson would be very nice as would Patrik Berglund of the Blues who are also in dire need of goaltending at the moment.

I was also thinking of the blues, I think Berglund would be a huge price to pay for Kipper(I would love it tho) I think it far more likely we trade for Rattie or Cole

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Maybe Kipper is out for a while yet and Feaster and Hartley wanted a more veteran backup.

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions
To be Clear- Kiprusoff skated this am #Flames but..no normal movements, no butterfly, no knee bends..etcs..seems like a while yet to me.

Irving is scheduled to start tonight but Feaster refused to address the media about picking Macdonald off waivers.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Either we are trading 1 of Kipper/Irving, or the organization has given up on Irving.

Based on his play in 2 1/3 games this year, I feel like the latter is extremely unlikely. If anything Irving has been the Flames best player, I can't see the 'Nucks game being that close if this seasons Kipper was in net. I feel like they are trading Kiprusoff and I honestly and truthfully, don't know how I feel about this.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Kipper skated today and is expected to play weds, why do we need Macdonald for 1 game?
Skating doesn't mean he will be back in 2 days. I think MacKenzie is off the mark here. According to local reports all Kipper did is skate and if it is a knee injury that tells me he will not be back for at least a few games

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Maybe Kipper is out for a while yet and Feaster and Hartley wanted a more veteran backup.

Irving is scheduled to start tonight but Feaster refused to address the media about picking Macdonald off waivers.

That seems contradictory to
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Kiprusoff skating today. If all goes well, Kiprusoff comes off IR and likely to play Wednesday. MacDonald expected to be Kiprusoff's backup.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

I still think maybe this is just to cover for Kipper for a bit but,

The bolded is concerning. If it was just for depth Feaster shouldn't have any problem saying so...must be something else going on.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
If they found a team willing to pay big for an elite goaltender, I would be extremely happy. What good does kipper do or a team that cannot get into the playoffs. If we didn't have him, we'd have some serious picks Ye last few years.

Fingers crossed we can trade him and get some help down the middle. It might be a hockey trade, not a pick/prospect situation. Teams I think would need Kipps this year: WSH, TOR, Philly, NJD, NYI. You know he ain't going anywhere in the west. No way.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
If they found a team willing to pay big for an elite goaltender, I would be extremely happy. What good does kipper do or a team that cannot get into the playoffs. If we didn't have him, we'd have some serious picks Ye last few years.

Fingers crossed we can trade him and get some help down the middle. It might be a hockey trade, not a pick/prospect situation. Teams I think would need Kipps this year: WSH, TOR, Philly, NJD, NYI. You know he ain't going anywhere in the west. No way.

No way NJ acquires him, you can forget about them right now.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
That seems contradictory to

McKenzie seems a but off with the Flames this year. He originally thought the organization would sign one of Taylor or Brust after Irving and Karlsson were waived.

But Feaster's silence is peculiar. It does suggest something deeper in the works. Or who knows, maybe they're scrambling because they wanted to pick up Tyrell but misfiled the paperwork.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Or maybe Feaster has a deal to get our 2nd pick back an thus file an offer sheet for R.O.R.??????

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Would not be surprised if Kipper is moved. Honestly, why are people here saying Irving will be traded? Hartley himself said that Irving was a bright spot in Saturday's lost, not sure why Feaster would think differently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad