Pre-Game Talk: Flames @ Oilers 8:30pm MT, 11:30am Pyongyang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Flames enjoying the pre-game ammenities already.

images
Well, you can't let farm animals in a nice building.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
So I figured this would be a pretty low event affair (why get injured before the real games?) but then read Tkachuk quotes saying it will be all out so teams can be prepared for the playoffs....so now I don't know if it will actually be intense or what i first thought....basically a no-hit scrimmage.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
So I figured this would be a pretty low event affair (why get injured before the real games?) but then read Tkachuk quotes saying it will be all out so teams can be prepared for the playoffs....so now I don't know if it will actually be intense or what i first thought....basically a no-hit scrimmage.
I think they have to go all out, no need to mail in during the only exhibition game we have. And plus it’s the flames I hope they play these hillbillies hard at every opportunity from the youngsters in the young stars tourney, to pre season and the regular season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think they have to go all out, no need to mail in during the only exhibition game we have. And plus it’s the flames I hope they play these hillbillies hard at every opportunity from the youngsters in the young stars tourney, to pre season and the regular season.
This is on Tuesday, opening against Chicago is Saturday, so even with a few bumps and brushes we should be okay

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
No one coming out of this with any kind of injury is what I'm hoping for. I suspect the first period will be extremely strange.
it could even be strategically better to lose the game just to put some fear into our team. Ultimately I don't think it matters at all as long as there aren't injuries. I want our team to win still, especially since it is the Flames, but I'm mostly interested in it just to see hockey again, and for the novelty of the new broadcast set up

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This is to all of you Calgary Puck losers who spend 8 hours per day lurking hfoil: Calgary is no good and Winnipeg is sweeping you in 3.

View attachment 355747

I went with the red broom and dust pan since every Calgarian has one. A bunch of mindless lemmings who can only see one color ;)

Can’t spell Calgary Puck without CUCK!

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
At least you don’t live in Ontario.

That 10:30 start time is gonna be brutal.
When I was a kid, I used to sometimes go to bed early and wake up for the 9:30 pm Oilers game. That's the latest games ever come on here - some of the California games now basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad