GDT: Flames @ Oilers 7:00, Sept. 20 2019

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Two thirds of that second line is appealing to me. I feel like Jankowski is gonna be pulling up the rear though.

giphy.gif

2nd and 3rd D pairing look interesting too.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
#Flames Bill Peters just told us that experimenting with Elias Lindholm at centre is probably not going to happen in pre-season. Expect him to stay on right wing with Sean Monahan and Johnny Gaudreau.

Have they given up on the idea to try Lindholm at Center?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
#Flames Bill Peters just told us that experimenting with Elias Lindholm at centre is probably not going to happen in pre-season. Expect him to stay on right wing with Sean Monahan and Johnny Gaudreau.

Have they given up on the idea to try Lindholm at Center?

Likely only until Tkachuk returns. Once Chucky is back I expect you will see Peters try out Lindholm as his center.

Reactions: viper0220

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oilers lines at morning skate appeared as follows, but could change prior to puck drop:

Nygard - Draisaitl - Kassian
Burdasov - Nugent-Hopkins - Gagner
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
Granlund - Haas - P. Russell

Nurse - Larsson
Lagesson - Bouchard
Manning - Bear

Koskinen
Starrett

Looks like Koskinen will get a chance to redeem himself after letting in 4 last night 0n 23 SOG. No Lucic vs Neal match up.
Draisaitl gets the opportunity to prove to everyone that he's a #1 center.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
From the Calgary Flames website:

You can watch the game LIVE right here on CalgaryFlames.com or the Flames Facebook page (recommended) if you live in the team's broadcast region (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories and Nunavut).

I assume the Flames recommend watching the game on Facebook because their own web page is incapable of streaming in HD?
Last game, it looked like the game shown on calgaryflames.com was in SD while the FB page www.facebook.com/NHLFlames/ streamed it in HD

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This is the 4th preseason game for the Oilers and Smith hasn't played in any of them. The Oilers are putting out the story that he has the flu.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
This is the 4th preseason game for the Oilers and Smith hasn't played in any of them. The Oilers are putting out the story that he has the flu.
Commodore said on 960 this morning that he has pneumonia. Underestimated how chilly it can get up north.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I expect a lot of cuts tomorrow and it looks like this might be the last game (#4 out of 8 preseason games) that some non Flame regulars have to show their stuff.

The keys have been turned over to the kids.
And for many, it's one last chance to impress.
"The clock's ticking," said head coach Bill Peters following Friday's pre-flight practice at WinSport. "We've really got only three games (left) that are auditions, and Game 8 is basically what we think is going to be our opening-night roster.
"We can't get everybody as many games as we'd like, so when you get an opportunity to get in, or you get an opportunity to play on the powerplay, take advantage of it."
IT'S SHOWTIME!

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Oilers lines at morning skate appeared as follows, but could change prior to puck drop:

Nygard - Draisaitl - Kassian
Burdasov - Nugent-Hopkins - Gagner
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
Granlund - Haas - P. Russell

Nurse - Larsson
Lagesson - Bouchard
Manning - Bear

Koskinen
Starrett

Looks like Koskinen will get a chance to redeem himself after letting in 4 last night 0n 23 SOG. No Lucic vs Neal match up.
Draisaitl gets the opportunity to prove to everyone that he's a #1 center.

I mean, their missing like McD, Smith, Neal, and Kris Russel. But after that, I think this is basically their NHL line-up. That's pretty brutal.

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
This play by play guy just said the Oilers and Flames will be fighting each other for 90 points this season. Lol. How does he figure? The Oilers haven't improved their roster at all. They will most likely be even worse this year. The best part was Bennett tying it up right after he said that.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
These announcers are literally the two dumbest people I have ever listened to.

It takes a special kind of stupid to be this stupid.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Kylington is playing great so far. He looked so composed on that shift, kept the puck in 2-3 times and made some smooth passes.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad