Weekes: Flames looking to move monahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
how did he fall off a cliff so bad? injuries?

Yes, he was a consistent 60 point guy, 30 goals a year. But he's had like 10 surgeries in the past 3 years, wrists, hernia's, hips, there is a reason why he was always potting goals, the guy took a ton of punishment in and around the net and it totally broke him.

What's worse was he ALWAYS played through injuries for years up until we traded Bennett 2 years ago and then last year too we had to shut him down because of injuries.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
how did he fall off a cliff so bad? injuries?

Yeah feel bad for the guy since he tried to play through it but took a ton of flack for his decreased production. Surgeries on both hips plus a wrist injury. I have a wonky wrist and definitely can feel it every time I shoot (as a result I only play goalie in my beer league now).

Quote from Monahan from a few years back: “I felt like I was playing with one hand for a while. I lost all my grip strength in my hand. It definitely limits you."

• Wow
Reactions: Caps8112

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
To Ottawa:
Lucic - 5.250 (1.000 in salary)
2023 2nd

To Calgary:
Scott Sabourin

Ottawa then sends that 2nd along with Zaitsev and other picks to land Chychrun.
It clears 5.250 for Calgary which should be enough to fit Kadri.

IMO Monahan costs Florida's 1st to move him because of his 6.000 salary.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Am I the only one who thinks the way Weekes writes his tweets or announces his rumours is cringy af?

I didn't mind it when he actually mentioned the news in his video, but to tweet it with some random video is dumb af. I thought it was neat when he'd just report the news in the video from random places though.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
This screams buffalo for basically free. or even adding an asset like a 2nd or 3rd in the deal to buffalo to take the cap

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
It's Monahan or Lucic.

Based on the smoke surrounding Lucic, there's interest in Lucic. I assume Flames prefer to keep Lucic, but will do so if it's cheaper than Monahan. They're checking the market on Monahan right now.

Kinda sucks. I am absolutely hoping for Monahan to make a come back from injuries as a Flame. I'll do it even if he's traded. Dude was a misguided warrior for us. Did everything asked of him and more. He should not have played through injuries like that though. Possibly career ending/major limitations for him going forward.

Monahan + late 1st to Detroit for Pius Suter @50%

:rolleyes:

The point is to move $5+ mil in cap space to fit Kadri... this doesn't rally accomplish that and adds to a roster logjam...

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
Pacioretty went for nothing after going pretty much PPG last season

Monahan is clearly a cap dump

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
There are dominoes coming here. Either Price is officially done or Habs are moving out one of our small village of high priced wingers or Dvorak. No other way cap wise this works.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
4BEEE8AA-A3F9-4D7D-82A2-A1E74D8BBABE.jpeg

Reactions: MitchMurphy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad