Friedman: Flames "likely" getting top KHL dman Alex Yelesin

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No

Other than Dube all of our top end forward prospects have graduated. We need to restock the cupboards. And from the Flyers’ perspective, they aren’t trading Hart. That’s why i didn’t mention goaltending.

Yeah, not from the Flyers, but in general your biggest need is solid, consistent goaltending. And as a contender now, you don't trade roster pieces like Brodie for prospects, you gotta trade them to address your immediate needs. Restocking the cupboards happens over time with your own picks.

I mean if you personally want to trade top 4 d-men for picks and prospects go ahead, but that's typically not what GM's of contending teams do. Especially with your offense likely to take a step backwards next year.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Need forward prospects. a 1st would be ideal, but the Flyers’ 1st is rather high and wouldn’t be ideal for them to pay to get Brodie.
Agreed 11 is too high.

Ratcliffe seems to be the level of prospect that could make sense. But Fletcher seems to be lumping him in with Frost and Farabe as far a what he thinks. But that could be posturing too.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I wonder if philly is willing to trade their 1st and a 2nd/3rd for brodie and our 1st
I think with this being Fletcher's 1st draft, he will be looking at all avenues but will want to try and keep such a high pick. After all, the plan is to make the playoffs from here on out so picks will be worse.

But who really knows.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think with this being Fletcher's 1st draft, he will be looking at all avenues but will want to try and keep such a high pick. After all, the plan is to make the playoffs from here on out so picks will be worse.

But who really knows.

I would just keep the pick and just trade your 2nd and a prospect or something.

11 is a great pick to have, you basically just wait and pick the BPA that fell out of the top 10.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I would just keep the pick and just trade your 2nd and a prospect or something.

11 is a great pick to have, you basically just wait and pick the BPA that fell out of the top 10.
Agreed. And that's why I mentioned Ratcliffe....likely has a late 1s in value.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
A larger forward that has speed and can play top six. And about the same age. For me a Chris Kreider type would be ideal. Folks have to remember that Brodie is a top 4 D. If a team has a requirement to upgrade their D you trade quality for quality.

Package around Miles Wood?

I'd seriously consider Miles Wood + prospect + one of our seconds this year for Brodie. Probably drop the prospect if you're not sure if he'd resign.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Stats are uproariously unimpressive. Either this player is the next coming in terms of stay at home D-men, or it's a pretty big meh until proven otherwise.

Likely good enough for a shot at a spot on the 3rd pairing. That’s all the Flames have room for really.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Trade Brodie to ducks please.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
The last time we signed a D-man from the Russian league he turned into a Norris-nominated captain. Expecting no less from this Yeltsin guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad