Alex12

Jun 23, 2016
Markstrom @50%
Tanev @50%

for

Matthew Knies
2024 1st Round Pick
Samsonov (salary purposes)

Allows Toronto to potentially go "All in" this year by shoring up their Defence and Goaltending. Allows Calgary to get younger with a good prospect and a 1st round pick which will ultimately end up being in the 20's.

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
Based on Flames history and that offer, I doubt management would retain dollars especially for 2.5 seasons on Markstrom.

All reports thus far are Flames have turned down better deals in order to not retain money.

Edit: And if the rumours are true, Markstrom has already exercised his NMC this year and they wont approach unless the offer is significantly in the Flames favour.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Based on Flames history and that offer, I doubt management would retain dollars especially for 2.5 seasons on Markstrom.

All reports thus far are Flames have turned down better deals in order to not retain money.
Nothing wrong with that train of thought.

Alex12

Jun 23, 2016
I love Tanev but he's what gonna be 35 ? Knies is on a cheap deal, young forward that's playing in our top 6 with lots of promise. Pass.
Tanev is 33. I think by the time Knies is in his prime Toronto will be looking at rebuilding rather than competing for a Cup. Tanev assists with their contention for a cup for the next 2-3 years.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Tanev is 33. I think by the time Knies is in his prime Toronto will be looking at rebuilding rather than competing for a Cup. Tanev assists with their contention for a cup for the next 2-3 years.
Matthews is 26 all season. We’re not rebuilding for like a decade. Knies is 5 years younger than him..

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Alex12

Jun 23, 2016
Matthews is 26 all season. We’re not rebuilding for like a decade. Knies is 5 years younger than him..
Matthews will be 30 when Knies is 25... and the rest of the core will be well into their 30's. Very hard to contend with that group of players at that age.

I mean im just suggesting a proposal that would benefit both teams, one in the present/near future and the other in the long term.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I love Tanev but he's what gonna be 35 ? Knies is on a cheap deal, young forward that's playing in our top 6 with lots of promise. Pass.
Just curious on your thought. What does adding Tanev and Markstrom do for the leafs this season? How much of a difference would these 2 players make in a cup run ? That's the question i would need being answered .

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Leafs won’t make such a big move this year. They’re hesitant to make a big move.
Also, that deal would be horrendous for Calgary.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Matthews will be 30 when Knies is 25... and the rest of the core will be well into their 30's. Very hard to contend with that group of players at that age.

I mean im just suggesting a proposal that would benefit both teams, one in the present/near future and the other in the long term.
You’re just way off base sorry. We’re not paying our best young player and a first for a goalie and another rental for this season only. You are asking for Knies and a first for one year of a 36 year old Markstrom in 2025-26. We aren’t winning the cup this year or next with 11M wasted cap on JT.

It’s an easy easy pass.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I say no as a Leafs fan, I think we are OK goaltending wise. Sammy is figuring it out and Woll will be back soon.
Also Tanev is causing a bidding war and I say stay out, go after Lybushkin and if a decent LW/C is available for a fair price go for it

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I mean I'd love Tanev on our team right now, but if the price is Knies it's an easy pass. I'll take the next decade-ish of Knies vs a year of Tanev. Just way too pricey.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Markstrom @50%
Tanev @50%

for

Matthew Knies
2024 1st Round Pick
Samsonov (salary purposes)

Allows Toronto to potentially go "All in" this year by shoring up their Defence and Goaltending. Allows Calgary to get younger with a good prospect and a 1st round pick which will ultimately end up being in the 20's.
Bruins are to good a 200 foot team

Lesfs should just wait till Pastrnak, McAvoy, and Swayman retire

Reactions: johnnystormcgy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille