GDT: Flames @ Leafs - Battle of the Basement edition - 5:30 PM MT SNW

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
When the Flames decide that Hiller get's the start.

zrpsd96.gif

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Is the game plan to start Hiller vs bottom teams and force them to take the 2 points?

He's too deep in his net on plays from the point and/or the slot, His gloves are held too low on long shots, he follows the puck too slowly, he can't handle the puck behind his net.

And at the end of the day his play is deteriorating these aren't things that will get fixed only continue to get worse. Better to see Oreo and Backstrom unless tanking is the plan.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Prefer Bennett at wing TBH. Nak, Tspoon, and Jokki all had bad games. Hiller was better than usual, which is sad when you can still put one goal on him and basically only him. Offence barely any sustained pressure. Refs were crap.

Find someone to play with Johnahan in the offseason FFS. Jooris?!!? JOORIS?!

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
It should be said, Wotherspoon ended up playing 18:43 tonight and lead the defense with ice time after 2 periods.

He really is becoming a good bottom pairing d man.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
It should be said, Wotherspoon ended up playing 18:43 tonight and lead the defense with ice time after 2 periods.

He really is becoming a good bottom pairing d man.
Means nothing. He was pretty bad today.

On the other hand, the dman who played the least today - Hamilton - was the best player on the ice today for the flames.

moon*

Is the game plan to start Hiller vs bottom teams and force them to take the 2 points?

He's too deep in his net on plays from the point and/or the slot, His gloves are held too low on long shots, he follows the puck too slowly, he can't handle the puck behind his net.

And at the end of the day his play is deteriorating these aren't things that will get fixed only continue to get worse. Better to see Oreo and Backstrom unless tanking is the plan.

It doesn't matter who we start in net the opponent is getting an easy option to play against.

I know people are excited about Ortio but he hasn't been much better this year himself and Backstrom is a 38 year old goalie that has played a handful of games in the past two years.

moon*

I wonder if he is done in the NHL. Can't really see a team offering him anything more than a PDO in the offseason.

Its easy for me to say that a guy should not try to make the NHL but with Swiss guys it seems really easy for them to go home and get a pretty decent pay day in their home country.

He seems like he could go and spend another 5 years easy there, make a decent living and be home. Seems better than going for a PDO or maybe a back-up job where he likely would be always close to losing his spot to the 3rd guy.

If I am not mistaken I think his wife is Swiss as well which may make moving back easier as well.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
No one is going to sign Hiller after this season. He will probably go back to Europe.

I still don't think he's bad though. I think this season has destroyed all his confidence and that's why he's playing so poorly.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
No one is going to sign Hiller after this season. He will probably go back to Europe.

I still don't think he's bad though. I think this season has destroyed all his confidence and that's why he's playing so poorly.
Yeah, he was never anywhere near this bad.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

I definitely think the 2 goalie system does that.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Oh Toronto; you think you can out tank is with your AHL roster? Not with tank commander Field Marshall Hiller, or as his enemies know him: "The Desert Roadkill".

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Praise be to the Tank Commander, may he play every remaining game this season and then return from whence he came, never to be seen again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad