Fortress_%22Oreshek%22._King_tower_(Korolevskaya)._Interior_of_the_dungeon..jpg

Lineup TBA

Inspirational Message of the Thread:
All our players are playing well.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Dear Hiller, in the name of my Prospect Patrik Laine, I ask you to stir up within Calgary the fullness of Your Tanky Spirit. Help the Flames to grow in their relationship with the Third Pick of Your Holy Lottery and to live in Hiller's power and use His gifts for giving up goals.

Amen.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Dear Hiller, in the name of my Prospect Patrik Laine, I ask you to stir up within Calgary the fullness of Your Tanky Spirit. Help the Flames to grow in their relationship with the Third Pick of Your Holy Lottery and to live in Hiller's power and use His gifts for giving up goals.

Amen.
giphy.gif

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
After reading about Mike McLeod I feel less sad about finishing 7th

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
After reading about Mike McLeod I feel less sad about finishing 7th

To me the top 9 are
1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. Pulju

4. Dubois
5. Tkachuk
6. Chychrun
7. Nylander

8. Juolevi
9. Sergachev

Those are the top prospects in this draft IMO. At 9 I could see us taking Gauthier though just because I can't see us taking a Russian. After 9 it's a bit of a drop off but I still think Gauthier is the clear 10th best prospect. If we fall past 10 then I start to worry. Otherwise we should get a top 6 forward or top 4 D.
After that it's a toss up. Jost is on the smaller side, McLeod lacks high end offensive ability, Rubstov is this years Russian wildcard, honestly I could see us picking Logan Brown or Max Jones at 11.

Last edited:

L13

Oct 1, 2015
To me the top 9 are
1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. Pulju

4. Dubois
5. Tkachuk
6. Chychrun
7. Nylander

8. Juolevi
9. Sergachev

Those are the top prospects in this draft IMO. At 9 I could see us taking Gauthier though just because I can't see us taking a Russian. After 9 it's a bit of a drop off but I still think Gauthier is the clear 10th best prospect. If we fall past 10 then I start to worry. Otherwise we should get a top 6 forward or top 4 D.
After that it's a toss up. Jost is on the smaller side, McLeod lacks high end offensive ability, Rubstov is this years Russian wildcard, honestly I could see us picking Logan Brown at 11.

Jost, Keller, Abramov, DeBrincat, etc. all have lots of potential, IMO. I wouldn't be unhappy at all with any of those guys.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Jost, Keller, Abramov, DeBrincat, etc. all have lots of potential, IMO. I wouldn't be unhappy at all with any of those guys.

I'll admit I haven't seen any of Keller, Jost, Rubstov or Fabbro. I've only seen the CHL and WJC guys. Hopefully one of them is a beast if we fall out of the top ten.

There are a bunch of good prospects available from 15-40ish. I bet at least one of those guys you listed will be on the board if Dallas' pick is a late first.

Kovaz

Jul 1, 2014
I wouldn't worry about moving up too much more. We need to make up 8 points on Ottawa in 10 games (7 on the road) to drop to 10th. And the further down we go, the less likely it is that multiple teams behind us win the lottery and move up. If we finish 7th, we're almost certainly picking 7th or 8th.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Plus, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Vancouver, Buffalo, and Toronto have needs on D.
Arizona and Montreal could go either way. Columbus needs a F so hopefully they play well

Last edited:

joeyabs

May 15, 2013
SoDoSoPa
To me the top 9 are
1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. Pulju

4. Dubois
5. Tkachuk
6. Chychrun
7. Nylander

8. Juolevi
9. Sergachev

After that it's a toss up. Jost is on the smaller side, McLeod lacks high end offensive ability, Rubstov is this years Russian wildcard, honestly I could see us picking Logan Brown or Max Jones at 11.

My list is close and agree with your assessment. Really dont want Gauthier or Sergachev. With all of our picks it would be strange to move down, but almost makes sense with this draft board. If we're picking ~9, Movin down 5-7 picks seems logical, picking up a guy like Jones/Brown/Thompson or a D like Bean or Fabbro. Would add another second (or prospect) to maneuver.

My guess is that we use one of the seconds and a third or prospect for a goalie or established winger, so the extra second could help to move back up in the draft if the Flames are targetting a faller late in the first.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think anyone cheering for losses should be permabanned. What a disgrace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad