GDT: Flames @ Kings October 19, 8:00 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
That 4th line is ugly, not even a good AHL line. Well that is unfair to Reider who is just bad not terrible but should be ahead of Czarnik in the line-up anyway so doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the other two trash bags.

This should be a game that is an easy win but with the way the Flames have been playing so far this year and the way the last game went it likely will be a struggle.

It would be nice to come out strong and get a 3-4 goal lead after the first and let the Kings quit for the last two periods.

Edit:

With the line-up change the 4th line is still ugly as Czarnik is terrible, Reider still doesn't deserve the same scorn Lucic but since he was only signed and not traded for he doesn't get an undeserved bump up the line-up.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Throwing Talbot to the demons of the Honda Center, I see. Should do wonders for his confidence when we lose 7-2 there

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Throwing Talbot to the demons of the Honda Center, I see. Should do wonders for his confidence when we lose 7-2 there

I’d rather get 2 pts against the kings than none at all. Flames don’t have much of a chance against Anaheim on a b2b anyway.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
That 4th line is ugly, not even a good AHL line. Well that is unfair to Reider who is just bad not terrible but should be ahead of Czarnik in the line-up anyway so doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the other two trash bags.

This should be a game that is an easy win but with the way the Flames have been playing so far this year and the way the last game went it likely will be a struggle.

It would be nice to come out strong and get a 3-4 goal lead after the first and let the Kings quit for the last two periods.

Edit:

With the line-up change the 4th line is still ugly as Czarnik is terrible, Reider still doesn't deserve the same scorn Lucic but since he was only signed and not traded for he doesn't get an undeserved bump up the line-up.

Czarnik? Terrible? He’s probably the most offensively dangerous bottom 6 option we have. The issue is he does not do the little things right defensively which is why Peters doesn’t like him in our bottom 6. He’s a perfect top 6 substitute/ PP2 guy, problem is he won’t get that opportunity often here. All we can hope is that in case of injury he slots into our top 6 and kills it.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Czarnik? Terrible? He’s probably the most offensively dangerous bottom 6 option we have. The issue is he does not do the little things right defensively which is why Peters doesn’t like him in our bottom 6. He’s a perfect top 6 substitute/ PP2 guy, problem is he won’t get that opportunity often here. All we can hope is that in case of injury he slots into our top 6 and kills it.

Bennett and Ryan are much better offensive players than Czarnik. I would say Reider is as well but really he probably shouldn’t do much but sit in the PB.

The problem with Czarnik is he does nothing offensively while being horrible away from the puck and defensively. The fact he is a Whitney sulk doesn’t help either.

Last edited:

Iggys Dome

Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Bennett and Ryan are much better offensive players than Czarnik. I would say Reider is as well but really he probably shouldn’t do much but sit in the PB.

The problem with Czarnik is he does nothing offensively while being horrible away from the puck and defensively. The fact he is a Whitney sulk doesn’t help either.

I don’t think he has the skillset to grind/ chip away in the bottom 6 like Bennett, Ryan or even Mangiapane. He’s very one-dimensional I’ll say that about him. I just think the dimension that he’s effective at is what we should try to use him as. I think if Frolik ever goes cold on the second line again or if the top 6 needs a general shake up he’s the guy we should go to. He’s very, very underrated IMO.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don’t think he has the skillset to grind/ chip away in the bottom 6 like Bennett, Ryan or even Mangiapane. He’s very one-dimensional I’ll say that about him. I just think the dimension that he’s effective at is what we should try to use him as. I think if Frolik ever goes cold on the second line again or if the top 6 needs a general shake up he’s the guy we should go to. He’s very, very underrated IMO.

I see a guy who put up mediocre numbers in the AHL and offers no defense so people hope he is good offensively otherwise he is just the useless bum he is.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Can't watch this one because my stupid girlfriend is competing in a stupid bikini contest in stupid Toronto.

Johnny gets a couple points. Looch bangs in a rebound. Tkachuk with the Gordie Howe hatty. Doughty with the 3rd period hissy fit at the refs.

5-2 good guys

Iggys Dome

Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I see a guy who put up mediocre numbers in the AHL and offers no defense so people hope he is good offensively otherwise he is just the useless bum he is.

I see a guy whose offensive instincts are 10x that of Sam Bennett and yet never gets given a shot in the top 6. Peters does not like him. Period. He won’t get the leeway that someone like Sam does who deserves to be sat every so often, because ya know 4th overall, highest draft pick in Flames history yadayadayada....

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I wish Peters didn’t like him then we would never have to see him in the line-up.

Bennett has infinitely better offensive instincts and more importantly skills than Czarnik.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Honestly bro this is such a blatant humblebrag I kinda respect it. I hope she wins and I hope the Flames win tonight too.

Thanks! She won the last one week and it's looking good so far.
IRL I'm somewhat less humble and more blatant about it haha. Flames just got to keep it tight and clench everything in the right order :thumbu:
Sounds terrible lol

You'd think it would be awesome, but after 11 hours of watching tanned people in better shape than you can ever dream of being in flex on stage it gets a little boring lol. 4 months of prep and she's on stage for like a 2 minutes total.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Would be a pretty specific and odd thing to make up but since ya asked ;)

71-F3-A9-F2-1-FC4-4817-9699-30-AA4-A35-B8-AA.jpg

That's her winning the overall Bikini in EDM's show last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad