Series Discussion: Flames - Jets (Flames Win 3-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I wouldn't go as far as to say Forbort is trash at defence. In the games we saw he was sound and strong and could be good with a puck moving parnter to outlet to on breakouts. But saying he was bad seems wrong to me.

If you can't get the puck out of your own end your trash. Good for you, they didn't score on you on your 2+ minute shift you spent in your entire zone. That doesn't make him a good defensive player. Guy plays against 3rd and 4th liners and is hemmed in his own zone for 2 minute long shifts. He's useless.

Deryk "the most overrated Flame ever" Engelland was the same. I can't believe Flames fans ever thought he was any good. Brodie carried him that year when Gio went down. Engelland's break out pass was to ice the puck, that's all he knew how to do. "hE wAs ToUgH tHo" OK Burke, I'll just watch the Pens win a Cup with 6 no name puck moving d-men.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
If you can't get the puck out of your own end your trash. Good for you, they didn't score on you on your 2+ minute shift you spent in your entire zone. That doesn't make him a good defensive player. Guy plays against 3rd and 4th liners and is hemmed in his own zone for 2 minute long shifts. He's useless.

Deryk "the most overrated Flame ever" Engelland was the same. I can't believe Flames fans ever thought he was any good. Brodie carried him that year when Gio went down. Engelland's break out pass was to ice the puck, that's all he knew how to do. "hE wAs ToUgH tHo" OK Burke, I'll just watch the Pens win a Cup with 6 no name puck moving d-men.
Forbort has probably played 200 NHL games on a top pairing and is a plus career player. He’s used to facing Crosby, McDavid, etc. Not 3rd and 4th lines. He’s used to NOT being sheltered, as he routinely used for D zone starts. I believe Forbort easily fits into any teams 3rd pairing, with experience to slide up the roster.

Also, Forbort was one of LA main PK guys when they led the league. Ward was already using a few games on top PK with Gio.

The guy has some value. No offense in his game, but there are two sides to hockey.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

No GA is mission accomplished.

If only there were four other skaters to clear the zone in that scenario...

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I never understood why the Flames, an apparent playoff team, were picking off playoff inexperienced Dmen from a bottom 3 team two years in a row.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Helps the Flames win. At least this pretty much guarantee's our 2nd pairing to be Hanifin-Ras, thank f***.

Negative take I know, but it is the truth.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Can't blame him for prioritizing family over this circus. I also still think they'll pull the plug on the season before we reach the SCF, so whatever. Good luck in Winnipeg, Travis.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad