GDT: Flames @ Jets MTS Centre Oct 19 6PM CST

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
:laugh:

That is pretty much what every team we have beaten says about us. I hope we can continue to imbue such frustration to other teams.

Reminds me of a time my soccer team took a trip down to the US for a tournament. Before the first game, our coach was wandering by the other team and overheard them saying something like "they're from Canada, they'll suck." Felt good to win the tournament, man.

It's funny, because a lot of pundits said at the beginning of the season that "they're not going to surprise teams anymore." I feel like we're still going to surprise teams.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's funny, because a lot of pundits said at the beginning of the season that "they're not going to surprise teams anymore." I feel like we're still going to surprise teams.
Except Aaron Ward. He said we will surprise teams and picked up to sneak into the playoffs. The guys are making Wardo look like a genius!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The scouting staff told him to draft Gaudreau, credit to him for listening to his scouting staff. The points for drafting him go to that scouting team though.

And who was it who decided to have those scouts in those positions, hmmm? Also why do you hate Wotherspoon? :sarcasm:

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
I'm giving Feaster the same credit for his draft picks as I give Treliving or Darryl for that matter. He had the final word and made some good decisions.

I don't really miss him though but he brought a lot of talent into the organization. :)

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I don't miss Feaster, but he drafted Gaudreau, Wotherspoon, Seiloff, and Gillies.

I don't miss Sutter, but he drafted Brodie and Bouma.

Even broken clocks are right twice a day, guys. :sarcasm:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I don't miss Feaster, but he drafted Gaudreau, Wotherspoon, Seiloff, and Gillies.

I have a broken watch where the hour hand has fallen off. I don't think it's right even once a day.

Or is it right 24 times a day?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Why do you hate Granlund and Arnold?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I thought Feaster did a pretty decent job overall. I wouldn't want him trying to build a contender, but he did a solid job getting this rebuild going.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I think Feaster deserves a fair amount of credit. Had he been competent enough to get a retool going the Flames would have never decided to finally rebuild.

Just imagine, the Flames might be icing a top line of Tanguay-B.Richards-Iginla if Feaster had been successful in his original vision.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Feaster did a good job building on the scouting Darryl started on his way out. He was also decent at contract negotiations. Horrible at assessing player values though and seems to have tunnel vision too frequently.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Feaster was alright in contract negotiations. Definitely did pretty well to get this season going. However, I do feel he could have gotten better value with Bouw and Iggy. He really sold them low.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Feaster was alright in contract negotiations. Definitely did pretty well to get this season going. However, I do feel he could have gotten better value with Bouw and Iggy. He really sold them low.

I think Weisbrod might have had a huge say in those college prospects we got back from Iggy and Bouw. Definitely could have done better but the US is where Weisbrod was most comfortable with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad