photo.php

Winnipeg Jets "Leading Scorer":
Blake Wheeler
2 goals 1 assist
8471218.jpg

Calgary Flames record: 3-3-0 6 points
Winnipeg Jets record: 1-3-0 2 points.

Game preview(as written by me)

Winnipeg hosts the Calgary Flames for the first meeting of the season of the Western Conference rivals. Calgary is coming off a hard fought loss in Ohio to the Blue Jackets, a game that saw Josh Jooris post a goal after being recalled from the AHL to fill the spot for injured David Jones. Jooris is quickly becoming a Calgary fan favourite for his work ethic and scoring prominence (in a small sample size).

The Jets enter tonights contest scoring a meagre 1 goal in 3 games, although it wasn't for a lack of trying against Nashville. The Predators were solid on defence but also gave up a lot of loose pucks in and around the net, but the Jets simply couldn't finish. Scheifeile had a very strong game but his lack of finish mirrored the teams efforts on Friday night @ the MTS Centre.

Calgary is a hard working team and the Jets will find no reprieve this evening when facing the Predators. It's been a tough stretch of hockey since the home opener for our Jets and that will likely continue tonight, even with a win. Flames head coach Bob Hartley has transformed the Flames identity from being a soft and underachieving group of veterans into a scrappy team who never pays attention to the odds. One needs only to ask the Blackhawks, a perennial Stanely Cup contender, how easy it is to play this Calgary team after their shocking loss to the Flames this week at the United Center. The Flames mantra this year is "always earned never given".

If the Jets want 2 points tonight, and to avoid some very difficult media questions (Andrew Ladd) they will have to earn it.

Who to watch for on Calgary

The Flames prospect Johnny Gaudreau is fun to watch and while he hasn't created much offence in the league just yet, his high level of skill is comparable to our own Nik Ehlers. Gaudreau make this this opportunity against a struggling Jets team to break out.

Sorry for the total non fanciness but I just got tickets to the Preds game and I'm putting this together as I pack for the trip and work tomorrow. Go Jets Go!!​

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Colborne - Monahan - Hudler
Glencross - Stajan - Setoguchi
Gaudreau - Backlund - Raymond
Bollig - Byron - Bouma

Brodano
Russell - Wideman
Smid - Diaz

Hiller

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Jets lineup.

Ladd - Little - Byfuglien
Perrault - Scheifele - Wheeler
Galiardi - Lowry - Frolik
Thorburn - Slater - Peluso

Enstrom - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba
Pardy - Postma

Pavelec

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think the day off should do us good and get us back to a hardworking 3 periods instead of just the last 10 mins. Lets go Flames!

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Finally the 2 greatest Hockey players who have played the game are on the same line:

Backlund / Geadreau.

We're going to win by 8 goals.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Game is televised on CityTv tonight, sweet! Best lines we've seen so far, would love to see Johnny break out vs a struggling Jets squad! GFG!!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No video of Toby's dive on Backlund's clean hit?
Paging disgruntled Jets fans in 4-3-2-1......

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I feel like we should win this game, so hopefully that doesn't mean we will lose. I'm getting pizza for the game, GFG!!!!!!

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I plan on getting Jalapeño's on it, still cliche?

Kind of, but I'll give you extra points. Down here we have a pizza called Double Brothers Pepperoni, which has spicy pizza sauce with spicy awesome local pepperoni and you can get 2 veg which I use for jalapenos... it's pretty awesome.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I got the last prediction right, so i'll try and make it 2-for-2!

4 - 3 Flames!

I think Monahan will get his first goal of the season and Gaurdeau will get his first NHL assist!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad