Flames ink Yelesin

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
The Calgary Flames have signed defenceman Alexander Yelesin to a two-year entry-level contract.
The 23-year-old native of Yaroslavl, Russia, had four goals and six assists in 55 games for his hometown club Lokomotiv in the 2018-19 Kontinental Hockey League season.
Yelesin has eight goals and 11 assists over 109 career KHL games.
The right-shot defenceman was named to the 2019 KHL all-star game in January.

Discuss.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Hopefully he’ll be a good third pair option on the right side and we can bounce the Stone contract this summer

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
6'0" 195 lbs., fast, truculent, and owns a 102 MPH slap shot. I expect him to challenge for the 3rd pairing spot as I expect TJ to be traded. Andersson or Hamonic would move up. If Yelesin doesn't make the team out of camp, Stone will be on the 3rd pairing.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
5th in defenceman scoring on his team. Three out of the four guys ahead of him?

Nakladal, Rafikov, and Staffan Kronwall

He's obviously no Lidstrom but we need some crunch on the roster and from all accounts he can deliver that.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
With this signing, I truly believe that we should start planning the 2nd round playoff parade. With such time to plan it will be a magnificent party. We can have a King and Queen of the 2nd round and a stick in the stone (some broken bones), a "Fans of the Round Table", pocket dawg eating contests and a fine scotch tasting...

BOOK IT!

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
With this signing, I truly believe that we should start planning the 2nd round playoff parade. With such time to plan it will be a magnificent party. We can have a King and Queen of the 2nd round and a stick in the stone (some broken bones), a "Fans of the Round Table", pocket dawg eating contests and a fine scotch tasting...

BOOK IT!

Huh?

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

BOOK IT!

Ok.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Once in awhile you find posters who are fun and these special people encourage each other in a positive way and create a fun environment where posters can smile while communicating. But not this day... This day we got Deen.

Last edited:
Reactions: InfinityIggy

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Once in awhile you find posters who are fun and these special people encourage each other in a positive way and create a fun environment where posters can smile what communicating. But not this day... This day we got Deen.

Huh?

Maybe make sense and I will communicate back without being dumbfounded at what I am reading.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hopefully he’ll be a good third pair option on the right side and we can bounce the Stone contract this summer

?

How would we bounce Stone without Yelesin playing a single game?

IMO, this move feels kinda like a Prout replacement. Stockton player on the short list to join the bigs when there are injuries.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
?

IMO, this move feels kinda like a Prout replacement. Stockton player on the short list to join the bigs when there are injuries.
If anything, it's a Hogstrom / Taomarina replacement.

Stone is expendable because the Flames finished with 10 NHL capable defensemen on the roster. Before Yelesin

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
?

If Brodie and Hamonic are back then we already have three very strong right D. Stone was already expendable, Yeselin just adds insurance on the right side if he’s a capable third pairing guy

Plenty of time to start him in the AHL and see if he adjusts to NA style hockey

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Brodie and hamonic are probably on their last year as a flames...traded, fa or Seattle

The flames probably sold yelesin that ..do good one year and you are in the nhl..we have room

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad