GDT: Flames in Dallas: the Solar Bowl. 6:30 MT on SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I just want to apologize to everyone. I said I was having Pho and not Nachos, but I made Nachos in the third... So I had both Pho and Nacho, but the Nacho was plural. I hope you can forgive me and we can move forward with little to zero drama.

The Flames got a point at least.
Huh, I typed that into google and I got a different result. However, I liked some of the results.

Root beer Martinis.. not even once

This was not a great game from the Flames. Forwards were still a bit of a gong show, lots of guys skating around with their head up their ass. Thought the defense were all pretty good. Brodie-Stone was better than expected. Stone is quality on the PK and clearing the front of the net. Still too many penalties.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I just want to apologize to everyone. I said I was having Pho and not Nachos, but I made Nachos in the third... So I had both Pho and Nacho, but the Nacho was plural. I hope you can forgive me and we can move forward with little to zero drama.
You ate Pho, we don't score. You ate Nachos, we score.

Corpus X must eat Nachos every Flames Game now.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Lucky to be 2-1-1 and the next few games will be tough.. Kind of wish we got to start our season against 8 or 9 non-playoff teams in a row like Edmonton :laugh:

Secondary scoring looks like it might be a problem, which isn't good.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Alright, time for me get overly picky now with this.

This team legit has a ton of holes in their game right now. The bottom 6 is a goddamn mess, and there is no sugar-coating it. Lucic has some use, but he doesn’t belong on the third line and it shows. He’s been a blackhole in offense and possession. He’s hurting the team getting more than 8 minutes a night at this point, but jankowski-lucic also sounds like a recipe for disaster. Don’t know how they are fixing that, but they can’t keep trotting the lines out as is.

The individual d-men look good for the most part (Brodie-Stone was godawful though, do not go back to it), but the system is just giving up too many chances. Flames had the same issue last year and eventually fixed it, but Rittich has really covered a lot of holes at that end so far. I don’t know if he can keep it up, but he’s been out mvp imo at this point.

Flames are lucky to be 2-1-1. We can harp on the oilers for unsustainability, but this team has a lot of work going forward.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
You ate Pho, we don't score. You ate Nachos, we score.

Corpus X must eat Nachos every Flames Game now.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Huh... The game is over and you show up. FIGures.

Yeah, sorry. I was watching on my phone, but couldn't really post simultaneously because I was also prepping a ton of things to get ready for a trip to the Land of the Living Skies...

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Yeah, sorry. I was watching on my phone, but couldn't really post simultaneously because I was also prepping a ton of things to get ready for a trip to the Land of the Living Skies...
The town is called Columbia and it isn't real.

BioshockInfinite_MotoroizedPatriotFeaturette_Screenshot_online.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Assuming Czarnik is healthy, I think it would be prudent to work him into the lineup for the next game.

I'd leave the top 6 alone. Then shuffle the bottom 6, maybe this?

Lucic - Ryan - Rieder/Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Czar (this line actually did well last year, produced a few points in only about 105 minutes together as a line.)

Reactions: DFF

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Why is toe drag Bennett back man? Jesus

Also if Jankowski can't even give an honest effort on the PK, he has no reason to be here then.

At least we finally won a SO for like the first time in 2 years?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hanifin is our best d-man right now.

You can't change my mind.

I mentioned it in preseason, dude looks like he's taken the next step.
You rarely get selected as a top 5 pick for no reason, especially in an insanely deep draft. Apparently the guy had never even played serious defence until he was 18 years old :laugh:

With him and Ras under 23, and likely with this team locked up, the future on the backend looks to be secure. Both guys are leading the Flames in defensive possession; which bodes well for the type of hockey we want to play.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Alright, time for me get overly picky now with this.

This team legit has a ton of holes in their game right now. The bottom 6 is a goddamn mess, and there is no sugar-coating it. Lucic has some use, but he doesn’t belong on the third line and it shows. He’s been a blackhole in offense and possession. He’s hurting the team getting more than 8 minutes a night at this point, but jankowski-lucic also sounds like a recipe for disaster. Don’t know how they are fixing that, but they can’t keep trotting the lines out as is.

The individual d-men look good for the most part (Brodie-Stone was godawful though, do not go back to it), but the system is just giving up too many chances. Flames had the same issue last year and eventually fixed it, but Rittich has really covered a lot of holes at that end so far. I don’t know if he can keep it up, but he’s been out mvp imo at this point.

Flames are lucky to be 2-1-1. We can harp on the oilers for unsustainability, but this team has a lot of work going forward.

I'd argue that penalties are sinking this team, too.
They're coming out of the gate sloppy, and then getting into penalty trouble. In the first 4 games of the season, we've been short handed 16 times already; you can rarely get momentum back on your side when you're sitting in the box all night.

They need to rework that bottom 6, pretty badly. It's just not working right now, but it has the pieces to be pretty good. Mangiapane has clearly taken the 2RW spot as of today, and I'd like to keep him there... But man...

Lucic, Bennett, Jankowski, Ryan and Frolik need a shot of life here. I really haven't minded Lucic's game until last night, where he really wasn't great. Bennett has been a disappointment. Jankowski I already thought was very bad, and he's just proving me right so far... Ryan and Frolik, I really think they should unite those two and kind of go for one of those "Get out of there together". If Bennett is going to play like a bonehead, then you need to sit his ass down or give him 5 Even strength minutes a night.

Maybe something along the lines of:

Frolik - Ryan - Rieder (a solid shutdown 3rd line, that could chip in)
Lucic - Jankowski - Bennett (sheltered 4th line that could maybe cause some havoc).

Dunno.
This is where that top 6C we were looking for all summer would have been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad