GDT: Flames @ Hurricanes February 26 @ 1:00 PM MT, SNET-W

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
II, I don't think Stone has been a standout but I think he's done his job overall. For sure a few mistakes but more good than bad. His played the body when need and done the job down low. I really like what I've seen so far, what a difference.

I think the difference can't be understated. There was one play in the first that really highlighted it for me. Hurricanes lobbed a puck into the corner on Stone and chased it. Stone shielded the guy off, then tangled him up and let the puck slide free for Brodie to pick up. That exact same play, Wideman's strategy is to let the guy pass and try to pin him, giving him control of the puck. Instead of starting a defensive-zone shift, we immediately broke out.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
II, I don't think Stone has been a standout but I think he's done his job overall. For sure a few mistakes but more good than bad. His played the body when need and done the job down low. I really like what I've seen so far, what a difference.

I agree Hox. I just noticed a few times this game where he was standing in front of the net looking lost (shades of Wideman).

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
A great game from the Flames. Big 2 points. They could have easily looked past this game being on the last game of the long road trip, but they came to play. Very nice to see. Big road trip. Hopefully they can continue the good play back to Calgary. Great effort tonight.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I agree with Brodie getting 2nd star, he quietly had himself a fantastic game. What a good win, I'm so happy with this trip!

@ II, I don't disagree but I wonder if it's just a comfort thing. Eventually when you know all ins and outs of where your supposed to be, you don't think you just react. I saw that a few times to, but overall I'm really liking what I'm seeing.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Major, major, major win for the Flames.
This one on Tuesday is huge, but if we win that, I think our probability of making the show goes nuclear.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Ferland has got chemistry. Got a lot of chemistry. Got a lot of people trying to drain us of our synergy.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
C5oB5OVWMAA4iTs.jpg

C5oB5OPWcAECnMH.jpg

Ring ring ring ring ring banana phone

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I agree with Brodie getting 2nd star, he quietly had himself a fantastic game. What a good win, I'm so happy with this trip!

@ II, I don't disagree but I wonder if it's just a comfort thing. Eventually when you know all ins and outs of where your supposed to be, you don't think you just react. I saw that a few times to, but overall I'm really liking what I'm seeing.

Again I agree Hox, it has only been a few games. Once he gets settled into the system we will see less of that stuff. Overall I have been really happy with him as well.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Hamilton is a ****ing beauty :laugh:
Although the Bennett line didn't get any points today, I really liked their game especially Bennett's.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Love how Dougie is feeding into this, love the guy.

I thought Stone had a bit of a tough game, he was fighting it early. Got better as the game went along. Won the possession game, even while they were completely just defending the entire third period (adjusted 23% CF% in the third :laugh:).

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It is possible Dougie gets on the other players nerves by being a big behemoth annoying joker with charisma but, they can be traded :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad